Event Setup Lead
As the Event Setup Lead (aka "Head Houseman") at The Golf Club at Newcastle, you are responsible and accountable for event setups as required by the Banquet Event Orders and as directed by the Banquet Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform work as assigned by the Banquet Manager to include but not limited to setup as required by the Banquet Event Order or special guest requests.
- Demonstrate complete and accurate setups as required by the established Banquet SOP’s, Banquet Event Order, or as requested by the Banquet Manager.
- Maintain a basic understanding of Audio-Visual setup
- Ensure all meeting and storage space meets established cleanliness and organization standards.
- Maintain the service flow and Health Department Standards in the setup and execution of service breakdown stations.
- Establish a positive working relationship with the Manager and Banquet Captain in a team environment and demonstrate directing a team through the setup and teardown as defined by the Banquet Event Orders.
- Responsible for the set up per the Banquet Event Order for every event.
- Have a complete working knowledge of our facility including music, lighting, and temperature adjustments.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a strong eye for detail to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and according to specifications.
- Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Must be adaptive, flexible, and empathetic.
- Must be responsive to guests’ needs in an efficient and professional manner.
- Must be willing to assist fellow team members in daily responsibilities to drive processes that support the business.
- A minimum of one (1) year of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work individually, as well as in a team environment.
- Must possess and maintain a current state-approved food handlers’ card.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp, and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- This may include outdoor work and exposure to related weather conditions including but not limited to sunshine, wind, rain, and warm & cool temperatures.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
- Golf benefits for free play, guest passes, and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
- 50% discount on shift meals
- 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
- Flexible work environment
- 401K with company match
- Paid sick time
- participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week):
- Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
- FSA options
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
Visit okigolf.com/careers/ for more information about Oki Golf's history, company culture, and commitment to diversity.
The Golf Club at Newcastle
Capping 350 expansive, hilltop acres, The Golf Club at Newcastle is the Puget Sound’s premier public golf and event destination. The property features 36 holes of championship golf, framed by stunning, panoramic views of Lake Washington, Mt. Rainier, the Olympic and Cascade Mountains, and the Seattle skyline. The breathtaking scenery is complemented by a spectacular 44,000 square foot clubhouse and extensive, year-round practice facilities. Newcastle’s captivating views, first-class amenities and unparalleled standard of service are all designed to provide a unique experience for guests. The golf club offers a wide variety of options for job seekers including golf, restaurant, banquet and catering, turf, and administrative positions.
- Job Family Restaurant
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full time
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate $22.00
- 15500 Six Penny Ln, Newcastle, WA 98059, USA