Banquet Server (Part-Time)
The Banquet Server at Indian Summer Golf & Country Club is responsible and accountable for providing an unparalleled quality of service experience to our guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform work as assigned by the Banquet Manager which may include setup as required by the Banquet Event Order or special guest requests.
- Demonstrate complete and accurate setups as required by the established Banquet SOP’s, Banquet Event Order, or as requested by the Banquet Manager.
- Ensure all meeting space and storage meet established standards of cleanliness and organization.
- Maintain the service flow and Health Department Standards in the setup and execution of service breakdown stations.
- Establish a positive working relationship with the Manager and Banquet Captain in a team environment and demonstrate directing a team through the setup and teardown defined by the Banquet Event Orders.
- Maintain a complete working knowledge of our facility to include audio-visual setup, music, and lighting and temperature adjustments.
- Initiate contact with guests within 15 feet, with a sincere welcome and the willingness to assist the guest. At the conclusion of the guest’s visit, offer a genuine thank you and invitation to return.
- Always yield to the guest.
- Proficiently execute the serving sequence.
- Must uphold a clean and orderly appearance and be dressed in uniform at the start of each shift.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of hours of operation, wine, and menu, including ingredients and preparation methods.
- Assist in maintaining a clean environment including picking up trash in visible areas and eliminating clutter.
- Suggestive sell at every opportunity by informing guests of specials and your personal recommendations.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a strong eye for detail to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and according to specifications.
- Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Must be adaptive, flexible, and empathetic.
- Must be responsive to guest’s needs in an efficient and professional manner.
- Must be willing to assist fellow team members in daily responsibilities to drive processes that support the business.
- At least one (1) year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work individually, as well as in a team environment.
- Must possess and maintain a current state-approved food handlers’ card.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp, and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- May include outdoor work and exposure to related weather conditions including but not limited to sunshine, wind, rain, and warm & cool temperatures.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
- Golf benefits for free play, guest passes, and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
- 50% discount on shift meals
- 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
- Flexible work environment
- 401K with company match
- Paid sick time
- participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week):
- Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
- FSA options
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
Visit okigolf.com/careers/ to view more information about Oki Golf's history, company culture, and commitment to diversity.
Indian Summer Golf and Country Club
Known for its superb year-round conditioning, Indian Summer Golf & Country Club is among the Northwest's premier private golf clubs designed for the enjoyment of individuals and families alike. The Peter L. H. Thompson designed golf course is built to rigid, tournament caliber specifications with magnificent old-growth forest and abundant water features. Complementing the golf course is a large practice facility along with an impressive clubhouse featuring The Embers Restaurant, club rooms, and beautiful banquet facilities for weddings, corporate meetings or a casual get together. The golf club offers a wide variety of options for job seekers including golf, restaurant, banquet and catering, turf, and administrative positions.
- Job Family Restaurant
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Part time
- Min Hiring Rate $15.74
- Max Hiring Rate $15.74
- 5900 Troon Ln SE, Olympia, WA 98501, USA