Guest Service Professional
As a member of the Guest Service Team at The Golf Club at Newcastle, you will be responsible for ensuring exceptional, first-class service for our guests. Guest services will work closely with the professional staff providing excellent and consistent service to guests on a daily basis to include the following areas but not limited to: exceptional service to guests at valet, end-of-round receiving, and practice facility. The guest services team will be instrumental in the overall guest experience for daily fee play and golf tournaments. Duties include staging, cleaning, parking, and charging golf carts, picking up practice balls at the practice facility, ongoing focus on overall facility cleanliness and cleaning of guests' clubs, and attending to any other immediate guest needs before, during, and after their rounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Guest Service professional will provide exceptional service in the following positions:
- Bag Drop
- Cart Staging
- Cart Stocked and Ready
- Cart Cleanliness
- Practice Facility: Ball picking and cleanliness
- Initiate contact with guests within 15 feet, with a robust welcome and the willingness to assist the guest.
- Must be proactive in anticipating the guest’s needs and engage in the commiserate level of guest interaction. Always yield to the guest.
- Must uphold a clean and orderly appearance and be dressed in uniform at the start of each shift.
- Assist in maintaining a clean environment including picking up trash in visible areas and eliminating clutter.
- Maintain knowledge of daily events, FAQ sheet, hours of operation, pace of play, and group event details.
- Must effectively communicate all pertinent information amongst his/her team members and supervisory staff regarding daily operations.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Must be highly service-focused with a desire to engage with guests.
- Demonstrated initiative – the ability to think, work, and make decisions to solve guest concerns based on sound judgment.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards, attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness are a must.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. or two years experience in a similar customer service environment.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, team members, or supervisory personnel.
- Ability to legibly write the names of guests and type them out on the keyboard.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions as to course of action.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp, and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Be able to work weekends and holidays, mornings, and evenings as business demands.
- Must be able to stand for up to four hours.
- May include outdoor work and exposure to related weather conditions including but not limited to sunshine, wind, rain, and warm & cool temperatures.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
- Golf benefits for free play, guest passes, and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
- 50% discount on shift meals
- 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
- Flexible work environment
- 401K with company match
- Paid sick time
- Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs./week):
- Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
- FSA options
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
Visit okigolf.com/careers/ to view more information about Oki Golf's history, company culture, and commitment to diversity.
The Golf Club at Newcastle
Capping 350 expansive, hilltop acres, The Golf Club at Newcastle is the Puget Sound’s premier public golf and event destination. The property features 36 holes of championship golf, framed by stunning, panoramic views of Lake Washington, Mt. Rainier, the Olympic and Cascade Mountains, and the Seattle skyline. The breathtaking scenery is complemented by a spectacular 44,000 square foot clubhouse and extensive, year-round practice facilities. Newcastle’s captivating views, first-class amenities and unparalleled standard of service are all designed to provide a unique experience for guests. The golf club offers a wide variety of options for job seekers including golf, restaurant, banquet and catering, turf, and administrative positions.
- Job Family Golf
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $16.28
- Max Hiring Rate $16.28
- 15500 Six Penny Ln, Newcastle, WA 98059, USA