790 Ridge Rd, Lackawanna, NY 14218, USA Req #68
Friday, May 26, 2023
|Responsible to: Dental Hygienist Team Leader
Job Summary: The Dental Hygienists works directly with patients. Primary responsibilities include cleaning and examining patients for signs of oral disease. The Dental Hygienist performs assessment, diagnosis, management, and treatment of oral facial complex before the dentist comes in to perform exam and are with the patient throughout an appointment. Dental Hygienist provide oral health education on the prevention of oral disease to promote patient general health.
We have Full Time, Part Time and Per Diem employment available. This position hourly rate starts at $28.55/per hour USD, or higher depending on years of licensed experience.
Essential Job Duties:
• Collect medical and dental histories from patients
• Chart dental conditions based on dentist’s observations and evaluations
• Sterilize dental instruments and tools
• Instruct patients of all ages on proper dental hygiene and care
• Take X-rays of patients’ teeth and develop them for dentist’s use
• Provide chair-side assistance during dental procedures
• Remove tartar and plaque and calculus from patients' teeth supra and subgingival
• Applying sealants to protect the teeth of children and adults
• Assessing, and diagnosing disease of periodontal tissue
• Scaling and Root planning
• Administrator local anesthetic injections, as well topical
• Scheduling next appointment
• Computer skills in email, Microsoft Office, Dental EMR software
• Competency in dental assisting skills and infection control procedures
• Working knowledge of DOH regulations
• Dental Hygiene Skills including knowledge regarding instruments ,procedures, materials
• Dental Laboratory Skill included taking pouring on dental models and management of dental lab cases
Competencies Template: Professional
Minimum Degree Required:
• Associate’s in Dental Hygiene
Minimum Experience Required: 6 months which can include DA training program
Required License/Registration/ Certification:
License as Register Dental Hygienist, Certificate of Local anesthesia, and nitrous oxide (N2O)
- New Hire Orientation
The overall nature of the position is sedentary requiring little physical effort with occasional light physical exertion required. There is little, if any, exposure to environmental conditions
• The constant physical demand of the position is sitting.
• The constant physical demands of the position are standing, walking, climbing, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
• The Constant physical demands of the position are lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, and feeling.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $28.55
- Job Start Date Monday, May 29, 2023
This posting is inactive.
- 790 Ridge Rd, Lackawanna, NY 14218, USA