Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work with management to define software requirements and take the technical lead on projects to execute the work. The goal is to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
In this role, the ideal candidate should be able to work independently, manage his or her own learning curve and execute the work in a collaboration with team members and go through the full software development lifecycle. This is an opportunity to develop into a thought leader in the domain.
The right candidate will have excellent communication skills, be organized, and possess advanced problem-solving skills, hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies, working with local and our development team at our offices in Bangalore, India.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Take end-to-end SDLC responsibility for prioritizing and execute projects to meet business objectives
- Produce clean code with proper operational monitoring features and sufficient documentation for ongoing software support
- Participate and contribute in code reviews, perform validation and verification testing
- Take module ownership of significant portions of the code base
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve product features
- Ensure software is kept up-to-date with latest trends in technology, including re-platforming
- Proven experience (over 5 years) as a Senior Software Engineer
- Understands the difference between hacking and engineering a product
- Experience in software development team that delivers results
- Deep functional knowledge of
- Programming languages (e.g. C#, ASP.Net)
- Relational databases
- Microsoft Visual Studio IDE (TFS)
- API development and UI/UX design paradigms
- Experience and knowledge of operating in Amazon Web Services environment
- Strong functional programming and modeling skills
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude and ability to articulate using flow charts, layouts etc.,
- Ability to collaborate effectively but know when to work independently to be most effective
- Be calm under pressure and be persistent.
- Excellent organization skills and have ability to be a thought leader that others will follow
Omega World Travel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Job Family TravTech
- Pay Type Salary
- Fairfax, VA, USA