Omega World Travel is a full service travel company. Our goal is to be the number one resource for every aspect of travel. Our professional team is dedicated to making every travel experience an easy, secure, and successful one. Our services are wide ranging and customized to meet your needs. - Business Travel & Corporate Travel Management (SMMP certified) - Government & Military Travel - International Services - Meetings & Incentives - Convention Housing & Registration management programs - Consultation Services - Technology Solutions - Online Expertise - Fulfillment - Global Network - Leisure Travel & Cruises With 100 locations worldwide and over 420 associates/employees, Omega World Travel is a top ten, privately held U.S. travel management firm integrating technology solutions & multiple services. Omega delivers quality, savings, value AND innovation!
Position: Senior Accountant
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the Senior Accountant’s responsibilities will include financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and ERP system maintenance. The Senior Accountant will also work closely with AP and AR functions.
The successful candidate will always seek for ways to improve financial reporting, controls and systems.
- Assist in the month-end close, including preparing journal entries and performing account reconciliations
- Aid in the preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual internal financial reports
- Provide supervision of AP and AR teams and prepare situational reports
- Help with annual audit requirements of outside auditors
- Participate in the accounting team’s efforts to establish and implement effective financial controls, policies, and systems
- Maintain general ledger (ERP) system
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in financial management (budgeting, forecasting, expense management)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications, strong working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- The ability to thrive in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly evolving, and service-oriented
- Experience with staff supervision
- Experience with multi-company/business unit consolidations
- Experience with international subsidiaries
Omega World Travel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Job Family Omega
- Pay Type Salary
- Jacksonville, NC, USA