Service Representative - Southern District
The Service Representative – Southern District will report to the Service Manager – Southern District and while visiting a specific site, will report to Service Managers on location. The Service Representative must conduct themselves in a professional manner representing the company for all facets of the business including but not limited to; Customer Interactions, Opta Support Personnel Staff, Opta Management and Sales force.
Service Representatives must possess; quality leadership capacity, results-driven attitudes, self-driven motivation to problem solve and troubleshoot, timely decision-making skills, excellent organization skills, proficient time management regimens and competent mechanical and electrical aptitude.
Service Representatives’ key roles are to; professionally satisfy all customer needs at all sites visited. Provide support for all facets of business including desulfurization processes, wire feeding processes and additional duties as deemed necessary by the company.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be capable of working a scheduled swing shift and required to cover vacations and open shifts as needed.
- Must be able to travel whenever necessary both domestically / internationally as deemed necessary by Opta Management.
- Must be capable of operating and performing adequate maintenance on all equipment associated with the company including but not limited to injection equipment, wire feeders and any other business-related equipment as necessary.
- Must be capable of performing preventative maintenance on equipment all equipment associated with the company and maintain good housekeeping practices at all facilities visited.
- Must maintain good housekeeping practices at all facilities visited.
- Must be able to operate and maintain all facets of a Leco Analyzer.
- Must accurately record statistical information.
- Provide Opta documentation – Lance Report (failures, changes, numbers of heats, dates, minutes, and operator). Completion of daily reports. Tracking parts used, document material deliveries (recording of loads), etc.
- Must follow all Opta S.O.P.s, JSHA’s or similar as written at each specific site visited.
- Must adhere to all safety rules mandated by the company and as mandated by the customer at each specific site visited.
- Must complete all required company safety training and safety training required by the customers at each specific sit visited.
- Provide technical assistance as required by the customer.
- Ability to perform professionally when confronted with or to resolve pressure situations and to make decisions on behalf of company.
- Conduct special projects at the request of immediate supervisors.
- When assigned, manage overall operation at steel plant locations or other designated areas.
- Inform supervisor of potential problems (i.e., material is low, parts are needed, customer problems, etc.) and work to ensure the issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Assist in cleaning and unplugging of lances (unless otherwise specified).
- Manage product inventories; ordering material as needed and offloading upon delivery.
- Attend maintenance meetings with customer managers to discuss any issues with equipment.
- Ensure all parts and supplies are fully stocked and order as needed.
- Conduct safety meetings and administer all safety training to employees, as required.
- Compile information for any necessary ad hoc reporting.
- Mentor and train new hire personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required, and as deemed necessary to support the business.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with related experience in service or maintenance and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be capable of working in a mill environment.
- Must possess a sound mechanical and working knowledge of electrical systems.
- Employee must be punctual and dependable.
- Manufacturing locations of Opta equipment and customer sights are inherently dangerous. Therefore, good mobility, eyesight, and hearing are necessary.
- Adhere to schedule changes as schedule may change with a short notice, based on Customer demand.
- Frequently works with FR clothing, metatarsal boots, gloves, and eye protection.
- Experience using various hand tools.
- Ability to work in physically demanding positions.
- Experience working in a steel mill and knowledge of the steel making process.
- Leco certification.
- Extended Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Life, AD&D, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Match
- Competitive Compensation Program
- On Demand Pay (Dayforce Wallet)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Opta USA, an Opta Group Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age (40-70), national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement).
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Trainee
- Min Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $65,000.00
- Memphis, TN, USA