Service Supervisor - USS Gary
The Service Supervisor will report directly to the Service Manager assigned to their location or area and will be responsible for managing operations related to all facets of business including desulfurization processes, wire feeding processes and additional duties as deemed necessary by the company. The Service Supervisor will also be a results-driven, motivated problem solver with excellent organization, time management, and decision-making skills.
• Manage overall operation at specified steel plant as well as additional accounts/facilities/trials as specified.
• Achieve staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising job results, coaching, counseling, disciplining employees, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Administer any forms or information from corporate head office to hourly employees in a timely and efficient manner.
• Timely approve and submit payrolls for all hourly direct reports.
• Monitor inventory of all necessary material; ordering material as needed and offloading material when delivered.
• Attend maintenance meetings with Steel company managers to discuss any issues with equipment.
• Perform regular maintenance and troubleshooting on all machines including Injector and Leco, ensuring correct sulphur percentage readings.
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment to ensure optimal performance.
• Ensure all parts and supplies are fully stocked and order as needed.
• Conduct safety meetings and administer all safety training to employees.
• Compile information for any necessary ad hoc reporting.
• Performs other related duties as required, and as deemed necessary to support the business.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience using various hand tools.
• Ability to work in a physically demanding position.
• Experience working in a steel mill and knowledge of the steel making process.
• Leco certification.
• Mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Extended Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Life, AD&D, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Match
- Competitive Compensation Program
- On Demand Pay (Dayforce Wallet)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Opta USA, an Opta Group Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age (40-70), national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement).
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- Gary, IN, USA