The Technical Associate will report directly to the VP Strategy, R&D and will be responsible for providing technical support primarily to the sales team and customers. This position will also be expected to support the production plants and overall quality control system. The successful candidate will be a results-driven, motivated problem solver with excellent organization, time management, and decision-making skills.
• Solve technical issues or concerns with existing products at production plants and customer sites as required.
• Develop and implement new products including creating new TDS, item number, BOM and testing high temperature properties.
• Recommend product formulae to meet or exceed customer expectations (Product Quality Assurance).
• Review manufacturing techniques/processes to ensure proper application of raw materials.
• Assist Sales with RFQ system (for Product Development Process).
• Provide product design/application training to Sales or Technical teams when needed.
• Update sales & plant production teams regularly on status of customer requirements to ensure accurate flow of information.
• Communicate with internal departments as needed; Sales, Quality, Operations, Technical, Purchasing, Finance, Health and Safety, IT
• Travel to various locations within Canada and US to support production processes, observe applications and conduct trials at customer plants.
• Provide and present periodic customer process reports at customer locations.
• Analyze performance data from trials, evaluate mode of failure, and improve products accordingly to meet customer needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Chemical, Metallurgical or Materials Science Engineering
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role or educational equivalent
• Experience working within steel industry an asset
• Proficient in using Microsoft excel
• Experience using Python an asset
• Strong computer literacy skills required
LOCATION: New Kensington, Pennsylvania or Milan, Michigan (depending on area of focus)
- Extended Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Life, AD&D, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Match
- Competitive Compensation Program
- On Demand Pay (Dayforce Wallet)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Opta USA, an Opta Group Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age (40-70), national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement).
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $85,000.00
- Milan, MI 48160, USA
- New Kensington, PA 15068, USA