Controls Engineer I
The Controls Engineer I will be responsible for the aiding of fabrication, design, and installation of large-scale steel mill projects. Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time depending on active projects, as well. The Controls Engineer will report to the Automation & Controls Engineer Supervisor.
This job opportunity is located in New Kensington, PA at our Affival fabrication plant, an Opta Group Company.
- Design of large-scale projects from concept to installation for the steel mill industry. Projects include but are not limited to wire feeding application and powder mineral transfer applications.
- Programing of PLC/HMI units for steel mill projects.
- Traveling to customer sites for installation and debugging of PLC/HMI units.
- Work with customers to help integrate PLC/HMI units to a level 2 application as needed.
- Aiding manufacturing team with the fabrication of projects as required. This includes but is not limited to the wiring of panels, installing HMI/PLC, installing remote I/O, etc.
- Must be willing to learn key skills from team members as the need arises.
- Candidate must be willing to travel domestically and globally depending on active projects. Domestic travel length tends to be up to a week on average. Global travel tends to range from 2 weeks to 3 months depending on size of project and complexity of installation.
- Performs other duties as assigned, based on customer and company demand.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electro-Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ related work experience, preferably in the steel industry.
- Candidate must be proficient with using Allen Bradley equipment and Rockwell Software (ex. RSlogix 5000 Enterprise, RSlinx, Factor Talk View Studio, etc.)
- Candidate must be proficient with Siemens equipment and software (ex. Step7, WinCC, etc.)
- Experience with bulk material handling and/or heavy machinery is a plus but not required.
- Experience with process control systems including but not limited to PLC & electrical systems, navigating and interpretation of Ladder Logic & electrical schematics, MMI & computer interfacing.
- Experience with industrial piping design including (P&ID) drawings and routing layouts.
- Extended Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Life, AD&D, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Match
- Competitive Compensation Program
- On Demand Pay (Dayforce Wallet)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Opta USA, an Opta Group Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age (40-70), national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement).
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $75,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- New Kensington, PA 15068, USA