Field Services Technician
The Field Services Technician will report directly to the Field Services Supervisor; and will be responsible for providing technical assistance to the customer.
- Maintain equipment and surrounding area (keeping area clean)
- Must be capable of obtaining, preparing, and analyzing hot metal samples with the use of a Leco analyzer
- Must be capable of operating injection equipment
- Provide direct assistance to calculate the amount of reagent required
- Document all concerns and potential problems accurately
- Must adhere to all S.O.P.s and safety rules, for our company and customer and complete required safety training
- Must be capable of performing preventative maintenance on equipment
- Prepare Documentation – Lance Report (failures, changes, numbers of heats, dates, minutes, and operator.)
- Completion of logbook; tracking parts used, document material deliveries(recording loads) etc.
- Informing supervisor of potential problems (i.e., material is low, parts are needed, customer problems, etc.)
- Assist in the unloading and loading of material
- Assist in cleaning and unplugging of lances (unless otherwise specified)
- Must be capable of: lifting sixty pounds, climbing stairs, climbing on equipment
- Must be able to work independently
- All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have valid driver's license as occasional travel is required
- Must be capable of working a scheduled swing shift
- Must possess mechanical aptitude and have an understanding of electrical systems
- Must be capable of working in a mill environment
- Extended Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Life, AD&D, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Match
- Competitive Compensation Program
- On Demand Pay (Dayforce Wallet)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Opta USA, an Opta Group Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age (40-70), national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement).
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Trainee
- Min Hiring Rate $21.55
- Max Hiring Rate $21.55
- Dearborn, MI, USA