Service Technician Assistant Supervisor
The Assistant Service Supervisor will report to the Service Supervisor assigned to their location or area and will be responsible for providing technical assistance to the customer, along with assisting the Service Supervisor with managing operations related to desulfurization processes, wire feeding processes and additional duties as deemed necessary by the company.
- Assist in the overall operation at steel plant location or other assigned areas.
- Assist and achieve staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising job results, coaching, counseling, disciplining employees, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Help administer any forms or information from corporate head office to hourly employees in a timely and efficient manner and timely approve and submit payrolls for all hourly direct reports, where required.
- May be required to travel whenever necessary and be capable of working a swing shift.
- Must be capable of operating injection equipment.
- Must record information accurately.
- Document all problems and potential problems.
- Ensure all equipment is operating properly.
- Must adhere to all S.O.P.s and safety rules, for the company and customer, and complete required safety training.
- Provide technical assistance to the customer.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Opta Documentation – Lance Report (failures, changes, numbers of heats, dates, minutes, and operator.) Completion of Opta (USA) Inc logbook. Tracking part used, etc.
- Informing supervisor of potential problems (i.e., material is low, parts are needed, customer problems, etc.)
- Assist in cleaning and unplugging of lances (unless otherwise specified).
- Conduct special projects at the request of immediate supervisor.
- Required to cover vacation schedules and open shifts, where needed.
- Monitor inventory of all necessary material; ordering material as needed and offloading material when delivered.
- Attend maintenance meetings with Steel company managers to discuss any issues with equipment, when required.
- Perform preventative and regular maintenance on equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Ensure all parts and supplies are fully stocked and order as needed.
- Conduct safety meetings and administer all safety training to employees, as required.
- Compile information for any necessary ad hoc reporting.
- Performs other related duties as required, and as deemed necessary to support the business.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a working knowledge of electrical systems.
- Must be capable of working in a mill environment.
- Must possess a sound mechanical aptitude.
- Employee must be punctual and dependable.
- Schedule may change with a short notice, based on Customer demand.
- Frequently works with gloves and eye protection.
- Experience using various hand tools.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding position.
- Experience working in a steel mill and knowledge of the steel making process.
- Leco certification.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Extended Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Life, AD&D, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Match
- Competitive Compensation Program
- On Demand Pay (Dayforce Wallet)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Opta USA, an Opta Group Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age (40-70), national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement).
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $57,000.00
- Middletown, OH, USA