Selkirk, MB, Canada Req #238
Friday, November 17, 2023
- Must follow all the rules and regulations as per the Manitoba Department of Transportation and Infrastructure.
- Receives dispatch either before/after or during work hours.
- Fills out report for inspection on the truck and the trailers.
- Fill out logbook/run ELD.
- Direction will be provided on what trailer to hook on to for production of our Bulk Material.
- When the production is complete the driver or process operator must put the BOL in the trailer document tube.
- Driver is responsible for making sure all legal documentation is with the truck and trailers ie. Copy of ownerships, insurance, safety certificate.
- Required to have a safety course per customers and suppliers request to arrive onto their property and you are required to always have proper PPE.
- Delivering product to our customer – driver must have the BOL before leaving the yard, arrive when required to do so if there is an issue driver must notify manager immediately.
- Signed BOL from the receiver at the customer.
- Picking up raw material – receive pick up order number from dispatch or Operations, driver is responsible for not filling the trailers beyond the legal weight limit, must have signed BOL before leaving supplier. BOL must be signed by the driver and once driver arrives at plant the BOL is to be given to the receivers. When finished off loading the driver will receive a signed copy.
- All paperwork is to be handed into the office for processing at the end of their shift ie. Signed BOL, inspection reports, logs etc.
- Driver is responsible for maintaining all fluid levels.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must provide Driver Abstract, have valid driver’s license (Class 3)
- Must have previous experience and/or certification from licensed driver training school.
- Documentation knowledge – inspection reporting on tractor and trailers, logbook, bill of ladings, steel toed safety boot, hard hat, cell phone.
Opta offers a diverse compensation and benefit package that includes the following:
- Extended Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Life, AD&D, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Professional Development
- RRSP Match
- On Demand Pay (Dayforce Wallet)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Opta Inc., an Opta Group Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $22.00
- Max Hiring Rate $23.00
This posting is inactive.
- Selkirk, MB, Canada