Selkirk, MB, Canada Req #230
Friday, November 17, 2023
- Prepare and set up machinery for production runs.
- Adjust machine settings, such as speed, program, and quantity, based on production requirements.
- Start, stop, and monitor machinery during production.
- Ensure machinery runs smoothly and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Inspect products for defects and ensure they meet quality standards.
- Adjust machine settings to maintain product quality.
- Receive incoming raw materials and inspect materials for damage, quantity, and quality.
- Verify that received materials match purchase orders and specifications.
- Drive forklift to load/unload products, including the loading of racks and trucks.
- Maintain accurate records of received materials, including quantities, lot numbers and inspection results.
- Properly store received materials in designated storage areas.
- Maintain production logs and records.
- Follow safety protocols and guidelines, including the use of PPE.
- Report safety hazards or concern promptly.
- Perform routine maintenance on machinery, including cleaning, lubricating, and replacing parts.
- Report any maintenance or repair needs to maintenance personal and shift supervisor.
- General cleaning including warehouse, silo room and parking lot.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Verbal and written communication skills a must.
- WHMIS Training, violence & harassment training, fall arrest training, and forklift training will all be provided but previous experience is an asset.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- This job involves a lot of standing, moving around and lifting when required.
Opta offers a diverse compensation and benefit package that includes the following:
- Extended Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Life, AD&D, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Professional Development
- RRSP Match
- On Demand Pay (Dayforce Wallet)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Opta Inc., an Opta Group Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.00
- Max Hiring Rate $18.00
This posting is inactive.
- Selkirk, MB, Canada