Accounts Payable Associate
The Accounts Payable Associate will report directly to the Shared Services Manager and will be responsible for performing duties involved in the accounts payable functions. The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented, results-driven individual with excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills who can work independently and accomplish departmental goals as directed.
- Input and process invoices in a timely manner for multiple companies with multiple currencies, with a very high degree of accuracy, proper sorting, coding, and matching, while ensuring all proper documentation is properly maintained and subsequently approved for payment.
- Resolve any discrepancies between invoice and purchase order or receiving documents.
- Process checks, wires, and ACH’s in accordance with Company payment policies and vendor terms.
- Vendor set-up and maintenance.
- Respond to vendor inquiries regarding payments.
- Run AP subledgers to confirm balance and elimination.
- Review freight reports ensuring accuracy of all freight accrual reports and correcting invoices for freight charges.
- Notify vendors of EFT payments via email.
- Facilitate vendor credit applications.
- Vendor account reconciliation.
- Assist with month end reconciliations, external audits and other data gathering needs as required.
- Performs other related duties as required, and as deemed necessary to support the business.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a two-year degree in accounting or 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience in an accounts payable or accounting role.
- Experience using MS Office products including Excel and Outlook.
- Experience using MS Dynamics AX a plus.
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, experience analyzing information, data entry skills and general math skills.
- Extended Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Life, AD&D, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Match
- Competitive Compensation Program
- On Demand Pay (Dayforce Wallet)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Opta USA, an Opta Group Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age (40-70), national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement).
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $24.00
- Amherst, NY, USA