Café Assistant Manager
TITLE: Café Assistant DEPARTMENT: Café
STATUS: FT, Assistant, Union, Hourly REPORTS TO: Café Manager
JOB SUMMARY: To ensure the highest level of service possible to Outpost’s internal and external customers. Supervise and motivate café staff to uphold high standards in the department. Order product to maintain a fully stocked department. Ensure a well maintained, clean, and efficient café.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Fast paced retail floor and café. Work near moving mechanical parts (i.e. coffee/juice machines, slicer) and in cold/hot climate conditions (i.e. cooler or near stove). Ability to work in moderate and loud noise environments including, but not limited to: computers, paging, telephones, human voices, and machinery. Position requires working during busy retail times, which include weekends, afternoons, and evenings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Customer Service
- Treat people fairly, consistently, and with respect.
- Ensure efficient, informative, and friendly service according to established customer service vision and standards.
2. Café Department Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and supervise all department operations in absence of café manager.
- Ensure customer service is the first priority of all staff in the department.
- Expedite customer orders with kitchen.
- Ensure customers receive their orders in a timely manner and have what they need to enjoy their dining experience.
- Check out customer’s purchases quickly and accurately, using correct prices, codes and departments.
- Assign production and other tasks to café staff to ensure that daily jobs and all opening and/or closing duties are accomplished efficiently and accurately.
- Assist café manager with the production schedule.
- Coordinate the stocking of café items and supplies.
- Follow proper procedures in opening and/or closing café areas including: juice bar, hot case, prepack station, sandwich bar, bakery case, and seating area.
- Check all par levels of sub-departments including juice bar, sandwich bar, prepack station, and miscellaneous items.
- Maintain a clean and organized backstock area.
- Stock grab and go case to maintain an abundant and fully stocked display.
- Uphold department’s sanitation standards and health department requirements for food storage and handling. Ensure staff do the same.
- Uphold department safety guidelines to ensure the safety of all department staff.
- Ensure café equipment is maintained and properly serviced. Advise café manager of equipment/replacement needs.
- Assist with department resets and quarterly inventory.
- Backup café kitchen staff when needed.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Ensure professional and friendly service from café staff.
- Handle customer questions and complaints including on the premises and follow up phone calls.
- Ensure customers are all greeted and assisted in a timely manner.
- Provide product information to staff and customers.
Ordering and Receiving
- Order product and supplies to ensure department is fully stocked, while keeping inventory to a minimum.
- Receive and stock orders in a timely manner. Check condition of product and invoices for accuracy upon delivery. Ensure correct product rotation.
- Properly label café items with ingredient listing and pricing information.
- Review and log invoices in store and departmental journals.
- Assist in inventory control including: accurate recording of losses, department transfer of items, and quarterly inventory.
- Maintain clean and organized department displays, cases and work areas.
- Ensure department is kept neat and clean.
- Ensure all display areas are properly fronted and faced.
- Ensure proper shelf tags and sale signs are on products and displays.
- Request signs from pricing as needed.
- Assign daily tasks to café staff and ensure they are always busy.
- Positively encourage department staff to excel at their job.
- Provide guidance and motivation and properly answer questions for department staff.
- Replace vacant shifts when call ins, etc. occur. Notify manager of these occurrences.
- Assist in training department staff.
- Ensure café staff is following department standard operating procedures.
- Assist café manager with employee job performance. Properly document employee performance during shift, when necessary.
- Assist café manager in informing staff of any changes in policies and procedures affecting department staff.
- Perform all duties included in department journeyperson and clerk job descriptions.
- Perform manager duties in their absence.
3. All Staff Duties
- Abide by all Co-op policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and other company documents.
- Keep store orderly and clean.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mequon, WI, USA