Registered Nurse- SKI Vascular Centers- TMP FT
Come Join our team!!
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position gathers pre-treatment patient data, monitors patient and medications during procedures, maintains prescription drug logs, and provides assistance to the clinical team during pre- and post-procedure activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are a summary of the expectations of the position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Provide ongoing patient information to the physician and clinical team before, during and after procedures to deliver care to the patient including but not limited to cardiac monitoring, aldrete score, pain status
- Monitor patient vitals (HR, BP, O2Sat, EKG) during before, during and after procedures
- Maintain radiation safety when C-Arm is in use in the procedure room
- Assist in procedure room preparation; maintain sterile techniques in the procedure room; assist with pre-operative and post-procedures including assessment of patient at discharge
- Perform pre-operative patient assessment including, but not limited to establishing IV access and Point of Care Testing
- Assist in recovery of patients following procedures
- Monitor and record use of all medications before, during and after procedures
- Gather patient clinical information prior to procedures including patient assessments and patient history
- Keep clear and accurate patient medical records by paper and/or in electronic medical record
- Maintain up-to-date narcotic drug logs
- Assist team in maintaining inventory
- Communicate with dialysis facilities to monitor post-care as directed by clinic manager and/or physician
- Observe all OSHA, federal, state, Joint Commission and radiation safety policies
- Assist in transporting patients within the center
- Assist in scheduling patients as directed
- Participates in debriefing and quality improvement practices to ensure quality patient care
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Attend meetings, and training as needed
- Work in other centers as needed
- Know, understand, and follow policies and procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
- A.D.N degree from accredited school of nursing required
- Current AZ RN license
- Minimum of two (2) years’ clinical RN experience in critical care or medical/surgical required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
- Conscious sedation experience and/or certification strongly preferred.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to read, speak, and write English with clarity of expression sufficient to communicate technical and complex concepts to teammates, patients, and patient family members in clear and easily understandable terms required
- Ability to understand clinical/medical vocabulary written or spoken in English required.
Physical requirements can vary. The position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 5 pounds to a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted; able to stand for extended periods of time and to perform repetitive stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, with some sitting; full range of body motions required to lift patients, wear a lead apron, and lift supplies
- Manual dexterity and ability to work rapidly required
- Ability to lift and move patient transport devices
- Ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Job Function Clinical
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 5
- Telecommute % 0
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Southwest Kidney Surgical Center, Tempe, AZ, 1100 E University Dr, Tempe, Arizona, United States of America