Surgical Technician - Ski Vascular Center- Tucson PRN
Come Join our team!!
Scrub Tech prepares patients and procedure rooms for vascular access procedures, arranges instruments for interventional procedure, maintains the integrity of the sterile field and is responsible to ensure the cleanliness of the area after each case.
- Assist clinical team with patient and procedure room preparation and post-procedure clean-up.
- Prepare patients for vascular access procedure including but not limited to positioning patients on procedure room table.
- Gather, arrange, prepare instruments before procedures; remove afterward; ensure sterilization of instruments.
- Pass instruments to Interventionalist; know all instruments used in vascular access procedures; monitor patient’s vital signs, monitor patient immediately following surgery.
- Count surgical instruments needles, sponges and instruments with the registered nurse or radiologic technologist.
- Monitor all members of the clinical team to maintain a sterile field during procedures.
- Transport patients to and from the procedure room.
- Operate diagnostic equipment and sterilizing equipment.
- Assist in interventional procedures by scrubbing-in for procedures; clean and sterilize instruments.
- Maintain sterile field during procedures and notify Interventionalist of any break in sterile procedure which may compromise the procedure or patient safety.
- Count needles, sponges and instruments as required.
- Track use of medications and supplies during procedures.
- Gather, arrange, and remove all instruments, utensils, gloves, linens, and equipment used for assigned interventional procedures.
- Transport patients to and from procedure rooms as needed.
- Ensure assigned areas are clean and stocked for future procedures.
- Assist with scheduling patients for vascular access procedures and patient discharge as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information and medical records.
- Participate in access center community education programs.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year certificate or diploma with demonstrated knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, medical terminology, microbiology, surgical instrumentation, and sterilization techniques to prepare equipment strongly preferred.
- Associate degree from college accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) preferred.
- NCCT or AST certification preferred; Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) designation preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience assisting in operating room preferred.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt easily to a fast-paced environment; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through.
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, analytical, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Job Function Clinical
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 5
- Telecommute % 0
- Required Education Certification
- Job Start Date Monday, September 25, 2023
- Southwest Kidney Surgical Center, Tucson, AZ, 325 S Euclid Ave, Tucson, Arizona, United States of America