Medical Assistant Dallas
Come Join our team!!
The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting healthcare professionals in providing care to their patients. Their duties include recording and updating medical histories and contact information in patient files, scheduling patient appointments and performing standard care procedures.
- Provides general back-office support to physicians.
- Assist provider with exams as needed.
- Stock and monitor inventory levels of medical supplies.
- Monitors and maintains medication sample closet.
- Prepares and assists patient for testing. Obtain results for exams as requested. Obtain lab results, have physician review, and notify patient of results as instructed by physician.
- Answer patient calls and respond in a prompt and professional manner.
- Responsible for final review of chart after chart prep.
- Train back-office staff on an as needed basis when requested by Office Administrator.
- Responds and complies with requests for information via most appropriate method, including fax.
- Responsible for completing all requests within timeframes as established by office policy.
- Follow rules and regulations of confidentiality protection as it relates to patient information.
- Delivers information to patient care or other designated areas including provider offices.
- Completes the referral process on specific procedures when requested to do so by Office Administrator.
- Provides leadership and guidance for excellent customer service.
- Communicates and engages effectively with others.
- Continually seeks opportunities to learn, share knowledge, and develop processes for the transfer of information.
- Follows and maintains policy and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Completion of an accredited medical assistance certification program preferred.
- Minimum 2 years; combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience.
- Job Function Non-Clinical
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Monday, October 9, 2023
- 6190 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy, Dallas, TX 75240, USA