Phone & Schedule Specialist
Come Join our team!!
Phone & Schedule Specialist is responsible for key communication to callers into the practice. This position works collaboratively with Front and Back Office Personnel, Physicians, Supervisors, Financial Counselor, and all ancillary services. Success is measured not by how many phone calls can be quickly transferred but by how many of the calls can be addressed without having to transfer the call and/or by how thoroughly the information necessary for a return call by the appropriate department is gathered, documented and available to the end user.
- Answers all incoming calls in all assigned phone queues in a courteous, welcoming, professional & timely manner.
- Gathers and documents all information from the caller thoroughly and accurately.
- Answers as many callers’ questions as possible without the need for transferring the call.
- Thoroughly understands the reason for the call.
- Initiates telephone screening by determining call status and handling calls according to established Panoramic Health policy and procedure.
- Cancels or confirms patient visits as requested by callers.
- Accurately updates and inputs all relevant data into computer.
- May rotate in offices for clinical duties as needed.
- Works special communications projects such as Reschedules, Patient No-Shows, Referral Scheduling, etc. as assigned.
- Attends all mandatory staff meetings.
- Complies with all OSHA and HIPAA policies along with all policies and procedures established by Panoramic Health.
- Maintains a professional and courteous environment.
- Maintains strict patient and employee confidentiality.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Medical assistant degree, diploma, or certificate strongly preferred.
- Front or back-office experience and/or 2 years’ experience as telephone receptionist/customer service representative in a clinical or healthcare organization.
- Broad understanding of clinical operations and front office.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office Suite, NextGen, Centricity, Medical Management, MS4, Practice Plus, Athenahealth and other applications/systems.
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up.
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to define, analyze and resolve issues quickly and accurately.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities successfully.
- Intelligent, self-confident, practical thinker with sound judgment.
- Extremely strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to develop both tactical and strategic solutions to business challenges.
- Spanish-speaking preferred.
- Job Function Non-Clinical
- Pay Type Hourly
- Houston, TX, USA