Veterinary Academy Externship Assistant
The Externship Assistant will work closely with the Externship Team, Veterinary Academy students, and externship clinical sites to deliver an exceptional student clinical experience. This individual will assist the Clinical Coordinators in reviewing proposed clinical sites and will be responsible for ensuring all student and clinical site supervisor documentation is processed efficiently. The Externship Assistant will also assist in providing one-on-one support to students using distance education technologies, including phone, email, SMS text messaging, and portal messaging. Administrative tasks include connecting with potential externship sites and verifying information, as well as reviewing externship related paperwork, and processing student and site paperwork related to the Clinical Externship Courses in the Veterinary Academy. The Externship Assistant will assist with all other externship team and student support activities as delegated by the supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Clinical Coordinators in reviewing proposed clinical sites and contacting clinical site supervisors
- Review externship site paperwork submitted by students for their proposed clinical sites
- Correspond with students about any corrections required in their paperwork
- Respond to externship related e-mails and phone calls
- Ensure that service level standards are met in the processing and turnaround of all student externship work
- Speak to proposed clinical site supervisors regarding student externships, including requirements and expectations
- Ensure that the Clinical Coordinators are made aware when a student’s externship paperwork has been reviewed and is complete, so the student can move forward in the externship process
- Provide the certificate of liability coverage to clinical sites as needed/requested
- Assist with distributing emails for the Veterinary Academy
- Provide one-on-one support to students using various distance education technologies, including phone, email, SMS text messaging, and portal messaging
- Assist in the onboarding and training of externship and instructor team members
- Provide support and guidance to externship evaluators
- Attend and participate in department meetings as scheduled
- Participate in other externship support activities as directed by the Academic Team Lead and Director
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must possess an Associate Degree from an AVMA accredited Veterinary Technician Program and must be a Credentialed (licensed/registered) Veterinary Technician (LVT, RVT, CVT). License must be current and in good standing with state licensing board and must be renewed yearly.
- Minimum of 2 years working as a Credentialed Veterinary Technician is required. Prior teaching experience preferred.
- Excellent computer and time management skills
- Excellent grasp of how technology can be applied to new methods of instruction
- Strong communicator and ability to work collaboratively on/with a team of instructors
- Ability to think quickly, communicate effectively and efficiently, and enjoy being part of a team.
- Contribute to a supportive team culture
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Penn Foster Group we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that embraces and celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
At Penn Foster Group, we are dedicated to helping over 300,000 students each year achieve their goals through affordable, accessible, career-focused learning. Our mission has remained the same since 1890: to enhance the lives of our students and clients through the acquisition of skills and credentials that can help them work toward their career and life goals. Together with our extensive partner network of leading employers, community-based organizations, and academic institutions, we close skills gaps and are building a workforce that’s prepared for the future job market. We aim to help businesses thrive by mobilizing their individual workers and energizing communities with opportunities for growth and progress. We are proud to play a role in the success of over 80% percent of our graduates that see improvement within their careers, as they inspire us to keep finding new ways to further our reach and broaden horizons. Join the Penn Foster movement and start working toward a better future today.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive base salary, plus a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, generous paid time off, sponsored volunteer opportunities, parking & commuter benefits, a 401K with a company match, plus free access to all of our online programs.
- Pay Type Salary