Adjunct Instructor - Veterinary Academy Externship Evaluator
The Adjunct Instructor – Externship Evaluator will work closely with students in the Veterinary Academy while they are performing their required clinical externships. They will provide one-on-one support to students, assist in course instruction, student mentorship, and provide student feedback as directed by the Clinical Coordinator and the department manager. The Externship Evaluator will work with the Veterinary Academy externship team to ensure a positive and successful student experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Dedicate a minimum of 20 hours per week, not to exceed 25 hours, to job functions.
- Evaluate a minimum of 3 skills per assigned student every 7 calendar days, with the understanding that additional skills may need to be evaluated weekly in order to meet expected turn-around times.
- Respond to student questions within 72 hours using only the approved communication channels.
- Respond to communications from the Veterinary Academy externship team and department manager within 48 hours.
- Notify Clinical Coordinator or department manager if unable to evaluate for 72 consecutive hours.
- Evaluate externship skills according to established grading rubric and guidelines.
- Provide clear, encouraging, and effective feedback to students.
- Notify Clinical Coordinator of safety and OSHA violations seen in skills.
- Report all plagiarism and academic dishonesty.
- Complete the necessary steps to ensure that grades are properly recorded with the school.
- Provide regular updates to the Clinical Coordinator regarding student progress.
- Virtually attend or review recording of quarterly team meetings.
- Provide support and guidance to fellow externship evaluators through online communication platforms.
- Complete professional development and required trainings in accordance with school policies.
- Maintain active status for any required licensing.
- Participate in accreditation as needed.
- Provide required equipment including, but not limited to Internet, PC or laptop, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must possess a minimum of an Associate’s degree from an AVMA accredited program.
- Must be a Credentialed Veterinary Technician or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, possessing a minimum of 2 years experience in a clinical setting. License must be current and in good standing with state licensing board and must be renewed yearly.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for positive interactions with students, team members, and the leadership team.
- Excellent computer and time management skills.
- Prior teaching experience preferred.
- Experience with online learning preferred.
- Fear Free Certification preferred.
- Excellent grasp of how technology can be applied to new methods of instruction.
- Strong written communicator with the ability to work collaboratively on/with a team.
- Ability to think quickly, communicate effectively and efficiently, and enjoy being part of a team.
- Contribute to a supportive team culture.
At Penn Foster Group, we are transforming online learning to help learners by uniting Penn Foster, CareerStep, Ashworth College, James Madison High School, the New York Institute of Photography, the New York Institute of Art and Design, and other education platforms. Together, we create an accelerated path to greater economic mobility through real-world skills and knowledge that enable them to achieve long-term success in the workplaces of the future. Our history dates back to 1890 when our founder, Thomas Foster, pioneered distance education by offering training by mail for coal miners to get the necessary skills for safer jobs. Today, with the partners who use our education and training programs, we continue that mission of providing accessible training and education for in-demand skills and are building a workforce that’s prepared for the future job market.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
- Pay Type Hourly