Penn Foster Veterinary Academy Instructor
The Veterinary Academy Instructor will provide instructional support for all programs within the Penn Foster Veterinary Academy vertical and work closely with the Veterinary Academy Instructor and Externship teams to deliver an exceptional student experience. Support is provided to students using distance education technologies by responding to student phone calls, e-mails, and live chats; maintaining weekly office hours for one-on-one phone instruction, providing feedback on subjective exams, participating in course design, development and revision, conducting live and recorded webinars/lectures, and evaluation of clinical skills submitted by students in externships. The Instructor will have ownership of selected program courses and lead discussions, as well as provide other methods of course instruction. The Instructor will provide perspective on policy, teaching and learning, as well as potential program and brand growth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide academic support to students via phone, e-mail, live chat, and direct instruction via live and recorded webinars.
- Assume responsibility for courses within a program as designated by the Academic Team Lead or Director of the Veterinary Academy.
- Create videos and online lectures and incorporate new technology in courses.
- Participate in course design, development, and revision.
- Create assessments that effectively measure the core program and course objectives.
- Provide feedback for/evaluate subjective examinations and projects.
- Evaluate student submissions of skills presented as part of the externship requirements.
- Develop ways to improve student retention based on review of persistence and progression data.
- Coordinate with the Team Lead and/or Program Director and Instructional Designer to create new methods of delivery.
- Monitor and lead social media activity, discussion boards, and live chat activity.
- Attend and participate in department meetings as scheduled.
- Assist in the onboarding and training of instructor and externship team members.
- Complete professional development and required trainings in accordance with school policies.
- Maintain active status for required licensing.
- Participate in accreditation as needed.
- Assist with all other instructional team and student support activities as delegated by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Minimum degree required: Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- Credentialed Veterinary Technician who has graduated from an AVMA accredited program or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, possessing a minimum of 2 years experience in a clinical setting
- License must be kept current and in good standing with state licensing board
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for supportive interactions with students, alumni, team members, and employers
- Ability to think quickly, communicate effectively and efficiently
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to present ideas effectively to individuals or groups
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, & Learning Management Systems
- Excellent grasp of how technology can be applied to new methods of instruction
- Must show excellent judgement in initiating actions and making decisions within established precedents or well-defined policy with direction and review from the Director of the Veterinary Academy
- Contribute to a supportive and collaborative team culture
- Knowledge of and ability to facilitate learning on course content in field of instruction
- Previous teaching experience in an AVMA-accredited veterinary technology program and familiarity with CVTEA requirements preferred
At Penn Foster Group, we are transforming online learning to help learners by uniting Penn Foster, CareerStep, Ashworth College, James Madison High School, the New York Institute of Photography, the New York Institute of Art and Design, and other education platforms. Together, we create an accelerated path to greater economic mobility through real-world skills and knowledge that enable them to achieve long-term success in the workplaces of the future. Our history dates back to 1890 when our founder, Thomas Foster, pioneered distance education by offering training by mail for coal miners to get the necessary skills for safer jobs. Today, with the partners who use our education and training programs, we continue that mission of providing accessible training and education for in-demand skills and are building a workforce that’s prepared for the future job market.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
What We Offer:
We offer a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, generous paid time off, sponsored volunteer opportunities, a 401K with a company match, plus free access to all of our online programs.
- Pay Type Salary
- Scranton, PA, USA