The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintaining and repairing of plant manufacturing and packaging machines and conveying equipment and systems, including construction of new systems assigned. This position will support operations by installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and optimizing all packaging equipment. This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals.
- Uses hand tools, power tools and precision measuring and testing instruments to repair and maintain, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment.
- Requires to ensure associates follow all GMP and safety policies
- Responsible for the productivity of associates regarding timeliness in diagnosing trouble shooting and completing necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Required to develop and implement any preventive maintenance programs to minimize machine breakdowns due to failure of systems under their control.
- Required to participate in the planning and scheduling of maintenance work to be done by either plant associates or outside contractors and is responsible for the timely and efficient completion of the work.
- Required to coach and develop subordinates, maintaining morale and discipline in the facility and to initiate corrective actions when required.
- Ensure maintenance materials inventory is accurate and available.
- Provide daily work assignments to maintenance team members.
- Manage daily goal setting to achieve maximum machine uptime and productivity with minimal cost as possible.
- Requires bachelor’s degree (preferably in engineering or another technical field)
- 10+ years of experience as machine maintenance manager or similar role within manufacturing machines
- Advance electrical skills
- Knowledge on repairing belting, chains, conveyors, motors, pumps, hydraulics, piping
- Lock out-tag-out knowledge
- Ability to read schematics and drawings
- Ability to maintain maintenance logs and SOP’s
- Knowledge of health and safety practices and regulations
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with maintenance software
- Experience with leading a maintenance team
- Ability to maintain positive vendor relationships
- Knowledge in maintaining expenses within set budgets
We are drug free workplace, regulated by the FDA, required to follow Federal Guidelines; therefore in order to start as well as maintain employment, you must be able to successfully clear drug screening processes, which include testing for all illegal substances per Federal Guidelines.
We know talent when we see it. For the right candidates, this is a great place to come to work every day. If it sounds like we're talking about you, we really hope to hear from you.
PipingRock proudly offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision plans to all full-time associates. In addition, voluntary life insurance, flexible spending plans, and short-term disability plans may be optionally added. All full-time associates also receive group term life insurance and long term disability coverage. Associates are eligible to participate in a 401(k) savings plan with a generous company match.
Piping Rock Health Products LLC is an equal opportunity employer.