R&D Tech Transfer Technician - 3rd Shift
Essence of the role (Role’s Purpose):
The role of this position is to work closely with manufacturing team providing technical support, trouble shooting and problem solving of existing and new products.
Recipe for Success (Responsibilities):
• Additional duties as assigned
Perform physical analysis of the existing raw materials or blends for trouble shooting and root cause analysis. Perform appropriate test for bulk/tapped density, particle size, moisture analysis, and Flodex and records data and observation in R&D physical test tracker.
• Monitor performance of existing bulks during manufacturing processes to ensure products are running at target speed
• Work closely with manufacturing set up team to ensure run rates are challenged to achieve maximum speed/run rate
• Conduct and monitor trials for existing products to improve formula performance in manufacturing process.
• Collect data for existing bulks during manufacturing process and maintain up to date R&D trackers for compression and encapsulation
• Review and monitor production batches to identify root cause for reported manufacturing issues in blending, compression, and encapsulation
• Review and approve deviation related to bulk specification e.g thickness, hardness, friability and weight variation
• Evaluation of finished goods by Physical techniques using instrument such as Hardness tester, Thickness gage, Friabilators, and Disintegration apparatus.
• Conduct routine and laboratory support functions such as weighing the materials, preparation of small batches for testing, washing and storing glassware and equipment as needed.
• Set up and dismantling and cleaning of R&D instruments e.g R&D Carver press, Rotary single press, Flodex, Friabilator, Moisture Analyzer, etc.
• Maintain a clean and safe environment in R&D lab
• Perform other tasks as required
• Comply with all company policies and procedures including cGMP, Quality, Environmental, Health and Wellness
Ingredients Required (Qualifications):
• Minimum associate degree in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, Biology or related sciences
• Prior experience in Pharmaceutical/Dietary supplement industry and solid dosage manufacturing such as tablets and capsules is a plus
• Computer knowledge with Microsoft Office required.
• Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
• Must comply with GMP requirements; specific functions and documents will be discussed in GMP andon the job training.
Role’s Physical Requirements:
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Must be able to stand for 8 hours
• Must be able to work in a physically challenging environment
We proudly offer: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with Company Match, Pet insurance and more!
We reward the hard work of our team members with fun and exciting company events, Picnic, BBQ Packages, Holiday Celebrations, and associate referral bonuses!
Piping Rock Health Products, founded in 2011, winning Long Island’s Top Workplaces Award four years in a row, is supported by a group of vitamin visionaries with over 40 years of industry experience and a carefully curated team of talented associates. Piping Rock is a global vitamin and supplement manufacturer with an unwavering commitment to creating quality wellness products. Being deemed an essential business from the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Piping Rock has kept its doors open, production moving, and associates safe. We believe that family always comes first, and that the dedication of our associates is the key ingredient to our success.
We are drug free workplace, regulated by the FDA, required to follow Federal Guidelines; therefore in order to start as well as maintain employment, you must be able to successfully clear drug screening processes, which include testing for all illegal substances per Federal Guidelines.
Piping Rock Health Products, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $28.00
- Max Hiring Rate $30.00
- 298 Adams Ave., 298 Adams Blvd., Farmingdale, New York, United States of America