We are seeking HVAC Service Technician to perform Preventive Maintenance, Diagnosis and Basic Repair of Commercial HVAC Systems. The ideal candidate for this position must have an understanding of commercial Water & Air-cooled Systems, Split Systems, Packaged Units, Ductless Systems, Cooling Towers, Chillers and Compressed Air Systems. Interested parties should have a strong interpersonal and written communication, self-motivated and orientated to operational excellence.
- Maintains and repairs all types of HVAC Systems
- Experience with cooling towers, chillers, associated water systems, familiar with water flows, pressure, and compressed air systems
- Knowledge of pumps as it relates to chilled water systems and boilers
- Knowledge of boilers and heat exchangers
- Replace mechanical components as needed
- Perform routine maintenance, service and repair on all heating and ventilating equipment and controls as assigned.
- Perform diagnostic system checks on all heating and ventilating equipment
- Clean pump suction strainers inside towers, as well as tower basins and around tower areas
- Clean tower hot water decks or spray nozzles as necessary
- Change or adjust float valves
- Wash tower fill and drift eliminators
- Assist in isolating cooling towers for maintenance or repairs
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of temperature and humidity measurement and control in air conditioning units.
- Knowledge of treating air to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, cleanliness, and distribution.
- Maintains clean and orderly conditions in all working areas for the purpose of observing all safety practices and regulations.
- Maintains records (e.g. equipment repair history, work orders, test reports, etc.) for the purpose of documenting required information as needed
- Performs emergency, predictive and preventive maintenance for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC systems.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, recommendations, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Three years’ work experience
- Recent experience as a HVAC mechanic in Facility Operations in commercial equipment
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude, positive attitude, and initiative
- Must be able to read/write English
- Must be familiar with Lock Out Tag Out procedures
- Ability to work autonomously and use resources available to complete tasks timely
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours
- Must be able to work in a physically challenging environment
- Must comply with GMP requirements; specific functions and documents will be discussed in GMP and on the job training
We are drug free workplace, regulated by the FDA, required to follow Federal Guidelines; therefore in order to start as well as maintain employment, you must be able to successfully clear drug screening processes, which include testing for all illegal substances per Federal Guidelines.
Piping Rock Health Products, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Piping Rock proudly offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision plans to all full-time associates. In addition, voluntary life insurance, flexible spending plans, and short-term disability plans may be optionally added. All full-time associates also receive group term life insurance and long term disability coverage. Associates are eligible to participate in a 401(k) savings plan with a generous company match.
Piping Rock Health Products LLC is an equal opportunity employer.