Essence of the role (Role’s Purpose):
The primary responsibility of the Retail Vitamin Associate is to provide excellent customer service and share their knowledge and recommendations as needed. Duties include assisting customers, processing all cash receipts, driving daily sales, product merchandising, facing products, and stocking shelves. Other related tasks and special projects may be assigned, including cleaning and maintenance of all sales floor and register areas. The Retail Associate should assist management in ensuring all store procedures are followed and standards are met.
Recipe for Success(Responsibilities):
• Additional duties as assigned
• Ensure merchandise presentations and merchandise stock levels are appropriate as well as maintaining current
and proper signing.
• Responsible for upholding a clean store that include fixtures, shelves, baskets, backroom, and floor according to
• Responsible for Cash management, inventory, opening and closing
• Assist the manager in marketing, customer relations and daily operations
• Operate cash register, accept payment, make change, provide receipts, and bag merchandise for customers
• Able to work with POS system to enter customer information
• Foster a pleasant work environment for all associates
• Stocking: stock and face shelves, retrieve back/top stock as necessary to fill all locations. All pricing, shelf tags and dates will be verified, and any discrepancies should be corrected immediately.
• Familiar with all products, their general use and location in the store.
• Performs light store maintenance as assigned.
Ingredients Required (Qualifications):
• Prior retail experience is preferred
• Vitamin and/or nutrition knowledge is a plus
• Customer service experience is required
• Can provide flexibility with week to week scheduling
• Ability to lift 25 pounds and perform stocking tasks
• Ability to work and communicate as a team player
• Ability to stay productive and multi-task
Role’s Physical Requirements:
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Must be able to stand for 8 hours
• Must be able to work in a physically challenging environment
We proudly offer: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with Company Match, Pet insurance and more!
We reward the hard work of our team members with fun and exciting company events, Picnic, BBQ Packages, Holiday Celebrations, and associate referral bonuses!
Piping Rock Health Products, founded in 2011, winning Long Island’s Top Workplaces Award four years in a row, is supported by a group of vitamin visionaries with over 40 years of industry experience and a carefully curated team of talented associates. Piping Rock is a global vitamin and supplement manufacturer with an unwavering commitment to creating quality wellness products. Being deemed an essential business from the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Piping Rock has kept its doors open, production moving, and associates safe. We believe that family always comes first, and that the dedication of our associates is the key ingredient to our success.
We are drug free workplace, regulated by the FDA, required to follow Federal Guidelines; therefore in order to start as well as maintain employment, you must be able to successfully clear drug screening processes, which include testing for all illegal substances per Federal Guidelines.
Piping Rock Health Products, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.