Legal Professional Assistant - Medical Malpractice and Insurance Defense
Become part of the Parker Poe team that – for more than a century – has represented many of the Southeast’s largest companies and local governments. We are a tight-knit firm that values the person beyond the lawyer or professional. Because of this, in addition to structured integration efforts, you will find that mentorship, professional development, and internal referrals happen organically. If you want to join a collaborative team providing sophisticated legal services – without losing sight of our calling to give back to our communities – this is the place to be.
We are not utilizing agencies to fill this position.
Parker Poe is seeking a Legal Professional Assistant (LPA) for our Charlotte office to provide administrative support to attorneys.
For more than a century, Parker Poe has represented many of the Southeast’s largest companies and local governments in transactions, regulatory issues, and complex litigation. At Parker Poe, “client commitment” is more than just a catchy phrase. It is what we do. Our attorneys and professional staff believe that client commitment is the foundation of our success. Please join us as we continue to grow.
Primary responsibilities include preparing and indexing legal documents, and docketing court filing deadlines. Administrative duties include, but are not limited to, scheduling appointments, maintaining attorney calendars, managing contact information, new client intake, maintaining files in the electronic records management system, scheduling travel, and other duties as assigned.
- Five or more years of experience as a legal secretary or as an administrative assistant in a law firm or legal department and an Associate’s degree, or the equivalent combination of experience and education. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience supporting one or more of the following practice group(s) required:
- Insurance Defense
- Medical Malpractice
- Proficiency with Electronic Filings (State and Federal)
- Proficiency in the use of document management systems (DMS) to capture, track and store electronic documents
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Adobe Acrobat
- Experience using a legal time and billing system
- Familiarity with electronic work flow systems preferred
- Excellent communication and time management skills as well as the need to be organized and detail oriented
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Motivated, self-directed individual with ability to anticipate and resolve issues
- Ability to prioritize work projects and timely execute tasks in a fast-paced, high volume work environment
- Must be a team player, willing to help other team members during peak times
Creating a diverse, inclusive work environment is central to Parker Poe’s core values and strategic vision. Parker Poe is an equal opportunity employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional and all other personnel decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Parker Poe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional and all other personnel decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Parker Poe, 620 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America