Legal Assistant - Intellectual Property and Patent
We are not utilizing agencies to fill this position.
Parker Poe is seeking a Legal Professional Assistant (LPA) located in Washington D.C. or Greenville, South Carolina to provide administrative support to attorneys.
For more than a century, Parker Poe has represented many of the Southeast’s largest companies and local governments in transactions, regulatory issues, and complex litigation. At Parker Poe, “client commitment” is more than just a catchy phrase. It is what we do. Our attorneys and professional staff believe that client commitment is the foundation of our success. Please join us as we continue to grow.
Primary responsibilities include filing U.S. patent applications and responses to Office Actions along with other patent application necessities, maintaining an IP prosecution docket, preparing, filing, and indexing legal documents, and docketing court filing deadlines. Administrative duties include, but are not limited to, scheduling appointments, maintaining attorney calendars, managing contact information, new client intake, maintaining files in the electronic records management system, scheduling travel, and other duties as assigned. This position may be eligible for hybrid work arrangements after an initial period of employment.
• Three or more years of experience as a legal secretary or administrative assistant in a law firm or legal department and an associate degree, or the equivalent combination of experience and education. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience supporting Intellectual Property or Patent Prosecution practice groups required; Litigation support experience preferred.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
• Highly organized and ability to prioritize work projects and execute tasks in a timely manner in a fast-paced, high volume work environment.
• Track record of consistent, accurate work product.
• Exceptional spelling, grammar and proofreading skills.
• Proficiency with Electronic Filings (US Patent and Trademark Office and State and Federal courts).
• Proficiency in the use of document management systems (DMS) to capture, track and store electronic documents. Familiarity with PATTSY docketing platform preferred.
• Excellent communication and time management skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Motivated, self-directed individual with ability to anticipate and resolve issues.
• Must be a team player, willing to help other team members during peak times.
• Strong technology skills; advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience using a legal time and billing system.
• Familiarity with electronic workflow systems preferred.
- Parker Poe, 110 East Court Street, Greenville, South Carolina, United States of America
- Parker Poe, 1400 K Street NW, Suite 1000, DC, District Of Columbia, United States of America