Sr. IT Systems Engineer
Become part of the Parker Poe team that – for more than a century – has represented many of the Southeast’s largest companies and local governments. We are a tight-knit firm that values the person beyond the lawyer or professional. Because of this, in addition to structured integration efforts, you will find that mentorship, professional development, and internal referrals happen organically. If you want to join a collaborative team providing sophisticated legal services – without losing sight of our calling to give back to our communities – this is the place to be.
We are not utilizing agencies to fill this position.
The Senior IT Systems Engineer works closely with the Manager and members of the Network Operations Team. The Sr. IT Systems Engineer is responsible for administration/maintenance, proposing improvements, project management, supporting IT incidents, optimal system performance, security standards, and meeting business continuity and disaster recovery requirements for assigned systems.
The Sr. Systems Engineer functions as a subject matter expert for a variety of systems used by the Firm, assisting internal/external customers for incident and problem resolution, helping and advising on the IT security of the firm, taking on IT tasks as needed or assigned, and participating in the IT infrastructure team on-call rotation.
The Sr. IT Systems Engineer will be cross-trained to cover and assist other team members’ roles as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures all phases of network and systems administration are properly coordinated, monitored, documented, tracked and overall maintained at an optimal functional/performance level.
- Configures network devices and performs systems maintenance and upgrades.
- Provides hands-on troubleshooting of complex technical system issues/problems by working with other IT Department members, other firm administrative departments, consultants, vendors, or others deemed necessary to address an assigned incident or problem.
- Utilizes an incident tracking system to document all requests and issues reported by employees.
- Works with and manages assigned vendors, service providers, or consultants to help maintain systems and services, resolve support incidents, and complete projects.
- Adheres to all IT and Firm policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Helps develop and advises the Manager on the IT procedures and policies required to perform the duties of the firm’s IT Department.
- Remains current with the latest technologies and system security best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager or the Chief Information Officer.
- Bachelors’ Degree and a minimum of seven years of IT infrastructure support services experience required, or a combined equivalent of education, certifications and demonstrated work experience. Project management and multi-office/location experience required includingvarious sized projects and methodologies, or a commensurate track record of support roles that would indicate full understanding of IT Infrastructure in a complex network environment. Experience providing IT services in a law firm is preferred.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience with more than one of the following:
- Microsoft Exchange, Mimecast, SMTP, Messaging administration
- VMWare and SAN technologies
- Cisco LAN/WAN routing, switching, and telephony
- Azure or other IaaS, DRaaS, or SaaS solutions for enterprises.
- Strong technical knowledge of servers, LAN/WAN, VoIP, messaging, MSFT AD, IT security, data storage, IIS, SQL, virtualization, systems/network monitoring, cloud/SaaS, Business Continuity, remote access solutions, and mobile device management.
- Substantial analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong ability to effectively prioritize work/projects and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Parker Poe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional and all other personnel decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Parker Poe, 620 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America