Hotel Assistant Manager (Salary)
At Mauna Kea Resort, we're creating a hospitality company whose future is unlimited and whose values reflect the dedication and passion of our employees. Our success is measured by the quality of the relationships we build with one another, our guests, and our strategic partners. By seeking ways to add value to every encounter, we set ourselves apart from others and instill a sense of pride that is uniquely Prince. We invite you to share this journey with us.
Division: Front Office (FRN006)
Job Overview: Supervise the operation at the front desk, concierge, lobby, and bell desk to ensure the highest level of courteous and efficient service to all guest and visitors. Assist the Front Office Manager with the management of the department, which includes such duties as quality training, budgeting and meeting department objectives. Investigate, document and respond to guest complaints or concerns.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the daily operations to ensure that quality and service standards are followed.
- Investigate, document and respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Respond to emergency on the resort premises following established procedures.
- Manage the department following company policies, procedures and terms and conditions of the CBA.
- Supervise, train, evaluate, counsel and discipline department staff.
- Oversee schedules, labor cost and department operating expense.
- Review and verify department payroll.
- Perform routine property or room inspection ensuring smooth operation throughout the hotel.
- Ensure special guest requests are communicated to the appropriate department and handled properly.
- Ensure safety training and standards are maintained and procedures followed.
- Promote the hotel, facilities and services.
- Assist in servicing guests as needed.
- Generate reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Conduct regular department meetings.
- Maintain department bulletin boards.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Works in normal office conditions.
- Works in open area of the front desk, hotel lobby and bell desk area.
- Able to work schedule determined by the Front Office Manager or Assistant.
- Able to work long and irregular hours.
- Able to work over 40 hours per week.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and with the applications Word, Excel and other required software to perform essential duties.
- Telephone and radio.
- Various office equipment including but not limited to calculators, photocopiers and facsimile machines.
- Park and retrieve guest vehicles.
- Drive electric cart to shuttle guests within the property.
- Automated External Defibrillator.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Able to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Require considerable walking and standing to oversee the front office operation.
- Respond to emergencies on the resort and be able to remain calm and make sound decisions.
- Able to work under pressure, manage stressful situations and multi-task.
- Lift/carry and push/pull guest luggage and golf bags up to or over 50 lbs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in person, over the phone or in writing, with guests, employees and vendors.
- Effectively disperse information at meetings or to affected employees and departments.
- Must be able to train and coach employees, assist in writing manuals, notices and memos.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Three years or more work related experience.
- Must be pleasant, smiling and friendly.
- Health Department TB clearance if required to serve beverage.
- Skills to effectively supervise and manage the department and meet goals.
- Ability to investigate and resolve complaints promptly.
- Complete training to respond to emergencies, CPR/First Aid, First Responder, preferred.
- Driver’s License, preferred.
We appreciate your interest in joining our 'Ohana. Due to our numerous inquiries, only qualified applicants for posted positions will be contacted by phone or email provided on your employment application form.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Band 4
- 62-100 Kaunaʻoa Dr, Waimea, HI 96743, USA