Technologies - Security Engineer
Close: When Filled
Job Title: IT Security Engineer Department: Information Technologies
Position Summary: Under general direction, will provide expert technical and organizational guidance in the overall understanding of complex IT Security solutions to protect PTOI mission critical, enterprise-wide business applications and systems from cybersecurity threats.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, research and assess risk and determine appropriate response; provide guidance and requirements to IT system owners to ensure infected systems are cleaned; serve as the lead Subject Matter Expert providing incident response services.
- Mentor IT staff in all aspects of the Threat and Vulnerability Management Solutions.
- Provide security consulting to PTOI business areas, IT staff, IT leadership and vendors; translate technical security concepts for customers and audiences; analyze business area and technical group proposals.
- Act as firewall administrator; analyze requests for new access control lists; diagnose and resolve firewall related network problems; set requirements for other firewall technologies.
- Serve as IT Security expert for projects; manage work breakdown structures and coordinate work efforts with other teams.
- Researches, analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves data and voice network security problems
- Keeps current regarding new security measures and threats for hardware/software products in the enterprise.
- Assists and provides support to the IT staff as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
At least six years of IT experience working in a complex/enterprise IT environment across multiple disciplines (IT Security, network engineering, application security, database, risk management, project management, etc.) with at least four years of experience with two or more of the following: vulnerability management, penetration testing, firewall management, Intrusion detection and prevention, application security, digital forensics, anti-virus / malware management, network security, desktop security, security assessments, security project requirements.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities
Must have and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
Must be detailed oriented.
Must adhere to strict rules regarding confidentiality.
Must successfully pass a background check prior to and periodically throughout employment.
- Requires the ability to operate a typewriter, personal computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, facsimile, photocopier, ten-key.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee occasionally is required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level is moderate.
- The physical exertion is low to moderate.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- There are frequent contacts and interruptions during the day.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3009 Portland Ave E, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA