Tiny Homes - Administrative Assistant
Close: Open Until Filled
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Tiny Homes
The Administrative Assistant provides essential support to the Department by providing day-to-day administrative, clerical and support functions to the Director. The position performs a variety of moderate to complex duties which require the use of good judgment to successfully complete those duties.
This position also assists in managing the daily affairs of the department by maintaining office supplies and routing documents. Exceptional communication, teamwork, problem solving and collaboration skills are essential for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and provides oversight of the office functions and scheduling of the Director and staff. With approval of the Director, develops processes or procedures necessary to maintain the efficient and effective operation of the department.
- Maintains a clear understanding of Tribal culture and applies the knowledge to work assignments which support the staff and community.
- May work with a variety of highly confidential information and data and, as a result, handles the information professionally and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Arranges and maintains Director’s and all staff calendar. Coordinates scheduling of meetings and makes courtesy calls to all parties prior to meeting. Develops and distributes agenda for said meetings. Takes and publishes meeting notes, including action items. Tracks action items for the Director and reports status as requested.
- Drafts written correspondence, memos, reports and forms for Director’s signature and distributes/mails as needed.
- Manages and routes internal Tribal documents, including agenda request forms, Resolutions, time sheets, budget modifications, etc. Process payment requests in Micriox payment system.
- Maintains digital and hard copy records and files on site and in archives. Has primary responsibility for numerous records and files and is expected to keep them up-to-date on a daily basis.
- Assists in with the departmental budget, office supplies, and equipment maintenance.
- Arranges and assists with the activity calendar and client groups.
- Processes green sheets for all bills and contractor payments.
- Assists Director by collecting and maintaining data and statistics for quarterly and annual reports.
- Assists with planning and coordination of community events throughout the year.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times regarding clients.
- Attends and actively participates in weekly staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree (A.A.) in any field or two years of administrative support experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Intermediate experience and knowledge using word processing and spreadsheets (i.e. Word for Windows, Excel, Access, etc.).
Note: Part-time work is prorated in crediting experience (e.g., if you work 20 hours per week for a 12-month period you will be credited with 6 months of experience).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions and apply them to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Licenses or Certificates
Must complete a criminal history and background inquiry prior to and periodically throughout employment.
Must have and maintain a valid and unrestricted Washington state driver’s license and proof of insurance. Driver’s License must not contain any restrictions that would otherwise prevent an employee from driving a GSA vehicle.
Employee is subject to a drug screen before hire and randomly throughout employment or for reasonable suspicion during employment.
Must demonstrate a sensitive to and knowledge of Indian customs, traditions and culture.
Must maintain appropriate and ethical boundaries with program patrons.
Must demonstrate an ability to remain calm while working in crisis situations.
Must demonstrate and maintain a commitment to respecting the confidential nature of the program. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of HIPAA and other relevant Puyallup Tribal policies. Effectively incorporates confidentiality into daily work habits.
Must be willing to attend training and classes as recommended and directed by Supervisor.
Required to maintain a predictable and reliable schedule during required work shift.
- Requires the ability to operate a typewriter, personal computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, facsimile and photocopier.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee occasionally is required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level is low to moderate.
- The physical exertion is low to moderate.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- There are frequent employee, client and customer contacts during the day.
- Position may be stressful at times due to the sensitive or confidential issues being addressed.
- Requires occasional travel using employee’s own transportation.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3009 Portland Ave E, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA