Elders Services - Care Staff Coordinator
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians is committed to protecting and exercising the inherent inalienable sovereign rights of the Tribe and Individuals in the interest of the Medicine Creek Treat Territories, as stewards to ensure preservation of our cultural and environmental integrity for common good and prosperity for all.
Closes: When Filled
Department: Elder Services
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and Administrator & Director of Nursing, the Care Staff Coordinator will ensure adequate staffing levels to provide excellent personal care of the Elders residing in The Residence assisted living community as well as in their own personal homes. In addition, the Care Staff Coordinator will provide scheduling, oversight, and assistance for Elder CNAs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the monthly and daily scheduling Elder CNAs.
- Ensure consistent and fair daily, weekly, and monthly Elder CNA assignments.
- Proactively identify training needs and strategies with new and existing Elder CNA staff. Ensure new Elder CNA onboarding orientation & training is completed.
- Assist with ordering all Elder personal care supplies.
- Ensure Elder’s apartments are always clean and free from any hazards.
- Report any Elder CNA performance concerns immediately to supervisor.
- Assists Elders with personal care defined in the Elder’s care plan. Personal care includes bathing, grooming, elimination needs, transferring, dressing/undressing, and ambulation together with any household tasks (e.g. making bed, changing linens, laundry, light housekeeping, etc.) essential to the client’s health in accordance with the individualized care plan. Also will provide clients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles.
- When directed, takes client’s pulse, temperature, blood pressure, respiration, and oxygen saturation results and documents per protocol.
- When necessary, accompanies client to health care appointments and advocates when needed.
- Maintains accurate and reviews up-to-date records of client care, condition, progress and problems in order to report and discuss observations with a supervisor or nurse on duty.
- Ensures new employees are oriented to schedule, care plans, and documentation of tasks in our electronic health record, CareSuite Client.
- Be able to cover for co-workers in shifts due to illness with little to no notice.
- Implements appropriate infection control practices.
- Proactively observe and continuously assess all resident’s behavior, routine, and demeanor. Immediately report any perceived changes to Administrator or nursing staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no formal supervising duties.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
- Washington State Certified Nurse’s Aide required.
- An Associate Degree in a social service related field preferred and two years’ work experience in a social services field required or four years of experience in lieu of Associates degree; and one-year work experience as a Lead Worker; or satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have a working familiarity with Washington State Boarding Home regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Licenses or Certificates
- Must have Washington State Certified Nursing Assistant License
- Must have and maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license and proof of insurance, and must sign a release of information to obtain a Washington State Driving Abstract.
- Must have and maintain a current First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must have and maintain a current Food Handler’s permit.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability and knowledge to work closely with Puyallup Tribal elders.
- Must have time management skills and ability to work well with others.
- Must be culturally sensitive, appropriate, and exhibit patience and good listening skills.
- Must submit to and pass a criminal background check prior to employment and periodically after employment, including random urine analysis to ensure safety of clients.
- Must be flexible in order to provide exceptional service to clients with varying levels of needs and behaviors.
- Ability to work cooperatively and positively with others.
- Ability to positive attitude regarding sudden scheduling changes due to emergencies or employees illness.
- Must be available 24/7 by phone to manage schedule changes and employee call ins.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to grip, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Required to travel to Puyallup Tribal Elders homes throughout the service area.
- May be required, with little to no notice, to work evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
Native American preference applies and job placements are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Because of the large number of applications received and limited job positions, your application will not guarantee employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3010 Duct Cho St, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA