Finance - Senior Executive Assistant
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians is committed to protecting and exercising the inherent inalienable sovereign rights of the Tribe and Individuals in the interest of the Medicine Creek Treat Territories, as stewards to ensure preservation of our cultural and environmental integrity for common good and prosperity for all.
Close: Open Until Filled
Job Title: Sr. Executive Assistant
Department: Finance & Business Development
Reports To: Tribal Financial Officer (TFO)
Hours: 40Hrs/WK - FT
The first review of applications will occur on 12/4/2023.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians is seeking a highly qualified candidate to serve in the role of Senior Executive Assistant. The position will provide high-level executive assistance the Finance and Business Development Executive Team performing routine, complex, diverse and confidential administrative duties. The candidate will be skilled at managing multiple, competing priorities, have patience and maturity to build strategic relationships and possess an ever-present point of view towards the future. The position will contribute to the Tribe’s overall success by effectively supporting the implementation of all financial and business policies and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In this role you will provide high-level executive assistance and direct support to the Finance and Business Development Executive Team (‘Executive Team’).
- This position will manage time-sensitive projects, enabling the Executive Team to stay abreast of critical decisions and deadlines.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, internal and external correspondence, reports, presentations and other complex and sensitive tasks that facilitate the Executive Team’s ability to effectively lead.
- Proactively manage the Executive Team’s calendar with high attention to accuracy, detail, confidentiality, and allocation of time to promote productivity and successful execution of goals and objectives.
- Maintains a variety of documents, files and records for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference trail, availability of information as needed on delegated projects, assignments or forecasts.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Direct and execute complex projects including coordinating, tracking, and researching information and background material/data to respond to questions; updating databases; creating monthly reports or analyses, and organizing large volumes of materials.
- Research and analyze competitive threats and opportunities from a business, social, environmental and political perspective.
- Assists with ensuring payment and reporting compliance with the Tribe’s Gaming Compact, specifically the 2% Impact Fund, the Problem Gambling and Smoking Cessation Funds, and the annual Community Investments and Contribution Report.
- Prepares ARF packages for submittal to the Council agenda.
- Develop and maintain databases and news / information sources for market intelligence in target industries and subsectors. Assists with the collection and preparation of relevant economic and financial data impacting the Tribal government and various economic enterprises.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Executive Team.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive Team, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive Team and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Formulate presentations for a variety of audiences, including highly detailed analyses and concise, summary versions. Assist in presenting financial reports to the Tribal Council and, as directed by Tribal Council, to the Tribal general membership.
- Respond to Membership informational inquiries and requests.
- Responsible for contributing to positive banking relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities; however, the position does perform the duties and responsibilities of the Director and TFO in his/her absence. As such, may temporarily supervise staff when the TFO and Director is not available.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree of Business Administration or related field from an accredited university is strongly preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience required in a supporting position for corporate development, business development, corporate finance, and consulting or investment management is required.
- Previous work experience for a Tribal government is preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to assess and translate significant quantities of data into information and discern key findings, including ability to synthesize, develop, package and communicate concise, logical, fact-based presentations, and make well-founded recommendations. Demonstrated ability to design sound business strategies based on a structured approach, integrating scientific, commercial and financial analyses that enable business success and create tangible enterprise value.
- Demonstrate network of, and relationships with industry and governmental contacts, including current and potential external business partners, investment bankers, venture capitalists, and industry executives.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate information appropriately to the level of the audience.
- Able to translate broad corporate strategies into clear, specific objectives and well-supported business plans.
- Prior experience in preparing written reports and presentations to senior management and Boards of Directors.
Employee must demonstrate the ability to interact tactfully and positively with Tribal members, all levels of staff and management. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common professional journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from staff and regulatory agencies. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. Ability to effectively present information to management, employees and groups of people.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principals. Ability to calculate complex figures and prepare complex and detailed spreadsheets to support research and analysis. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
Licenses or Certificates
Must pass a criminal background check prior to and periodically throughout employment. Must not have any felony convictions.
Must have and maintain a valid and unrestricted Washington State Drivers License and proof of insurance.
- Excellent communication skills, must be capable of presenting ideas in a clear and compelling manner both verbally and written.
- Strong computer proficiency and advanced MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Skills in examining, developing, and amending financial policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, strong ethics and ability to advance the principles of good governance, including ability to decipher priorities and exercise sound judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from various cultural backgrounds with dignity and respect; must be able to work in a politically sensitive environment. Ability to select the appropriate approach for any situation in order to achieve desired results.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and able to work on own initiative with little supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Must demonstrate good listening skills; ability to present viewpoints in a constructive manner; positively respect different perspectives.
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Requires the ability to operate a typewriter, personal computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, facsimile and photocopier.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee occasionally is required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level is low to moderate.
- The physical exertion is low to moderate.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- There are frequent employee contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Position may be stressful at times due to the sensitive or confidential issues being addressed.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
Native American preference applies and job placements are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Because of the large number of applications received and limited job positions, your application will not guarantee employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3009 Portland Ave E, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA