Inside Sales - New Product Sales Specialist III - PP
The New Product Sales Specialist III role is the conduit through which our customers communicate their product needs to us and we translate these needs to winning proposals for new products, complex systems, applications, and WIP jobs. Creating a winning proposal requires an ability to accurately ascertain the customer’s need, correctly size and select a solution, negotiate as appropriate a competitive price from our suppliers, and translate this into a compelling offer to the customer.
The New Product Sales Specialist III serves as an internal subject matter expert (SME) on multiple product lines and/or applications, is the established point of contact for multiple customers, is a partner in the sales strategy and execution with the Applications Manager and Account Manager, and serves as an expert coach on their vertical team in all relevant systems and product lines.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- All duties and responsibilities of an New Product Sales Specialist I and II
- On occasion, when needed and requested by the Account Manager and/or New Product Sales Manager, make Customer site-visits to serve as a product/application SME in the Sales process.
- Serve as the technical product/application SME on customer calls both directly and in collaboration with the Account Manager and/or New Product Sales Manager.
- Facilitate intake of customer requests and required specifications to then initiate the engineering of a customer solution quotation including:
- Sizing and selecting of valves, parts, and applications for all product lines within the vertical
- Sizing and selecting of valves, parts, and applications for complex packages
- Sizing and selecting of valves, parts, and applications for projects quoting
- Serve as an expert coach for New Product Sales Specialists I and II within the vertical team in all relevant systems and product lines.
Positional Requirements & Qualifications:
- Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering preferred or equivalent technical school certification
- Alternatively 5 or more years of experience in a customer-facing role identifying and addressing customer needs within relevant industry
- Strong market reputation with the ability to attract business to the Company through customer relationships
- Skills & Abilities
- All Skills and Abilities of an Applications Specialist I & II
- Successful completion of instructor-led technical training for assigned product vertical (in-house and factory)
- Successful completion of computer-based technical training
- Successful completion of the New Product Sales: Level III LinkedIn Learning learning path
- Successful completion of the level III written test for the assigned product vertical
- Expert-level knowledge of valves and related products within vertical
- Expert-level understanding of the chemical, refining, and power markets
- Established long-term relationships with relevant suppliers
- Ability to coach, mentor, and develop other staff
- Ability to perform job function without supervision
- Must be able to travel and have a clear driving record in accordance to company driving guidelines
- Clear background check and drug/alcohol screening
Essential Physical Functions:
- Travel: less than 5%
- Lifting up to 20 pounds
- Bending, stooping, walking
- Job Family Inside Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- La Porte, TX 77571, USA