Outside Sales - Area Sales Director
The Area Sales Director will be responsible for implementing and overseeing the commercial strategy to secure distribution, assembly and service opportunities for all locations within their defined area. This includes ensuring accountability to the vision, sales direction, and commercial planning for the (inclusive of both New and Service), locations and the respective Account Managers aligned to each within their defined area. The Regional Sales Manager will work in collaboration with the Branch Managers to ensure commercial strategy and planning is in alignment with operational priorities and efficiency in an effort to maximize customer service and profits in accordance with company policies, practices, and procedures.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Regional Commercial Director and the Branch Managers within their defined area, implements and oversees the commercial strategy for each location within their defined area, including but not limited to the achievement of commercial plans and KPI for each Account Manager, which is also in alignment with the overall sales strategy and business goals of The Company.
- Translates sales strategies into detailed plans, aligned with product, marketing, and channel capabilities, to achieve the growth objectives and commercial plans for their defined locations and their respective Account Managers. A full understanding of how to promote both NEW and SERVICE business is required.
- Utilize available data platforms to manage and monitor business activity including but not limited to:
- Call reports
- Quotation Logs
- Order Intake Reports
- Product Margin Reports
- ValvKeep & VUPoint
- Intelex (Quality, Health & Safety)
- Utilize all data points to assign account management responsibilities using realistic means of coverage, aligned with targeted growth accounts.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, accountability, and functional sales support to Account Managers at their defined locations to ensure achievement of annual commercial plans and an effective customer experience.
- Responsible for ensuring accountability of Account Managers within their defined area to meet annual sales targets for both new and service.
- Ensures order intake growth within defined area and accurately forecasts future expectations.
- Actively engages across their defined area as the sales functional expert, providing market, operational and customer input and interface as needed.
- Work interdepartmentally with the entire organization (Branch Management, Operations, Quality, Safety, Management Team, etc) to achieve sales goals and product sales strategies
- Monitors customer, market, and competitor activity and provides feedback.
- Responsible for creating a winning team, which includes attracting and hiring talent, assessing current talent, performance management, succession planning, and training sales personnel to ensure a high-performance team.
- Report on all aspects of the business to senior management
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Skills & Abilities
- Highly organized
- Effective time-management
- Strong PC skills and proficient analytical capabilities
- Performance-driven and data-oriented
- Strong communication and presentation skills (PowerPoint and Google Slides)
- Big picture focus yet comfortable with details
- Bachelor’s degree or 10+ years of experience in the relevant or equivalent position
- 5+ years of experience in sales management
- Strong strategic and sales planning experience
- Experience in employee training, development, and performance management
- Strong customer orientation
- Expertise in sales business development and project management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be available to travel throughout company territory to perform training, presentations, meetings, and participate in other company events; overnight travel required, up to 50%
- Must be able to travel and have a clean driving record in accordance with company driving guidelines
- Clear background check and drug and alcohol screening
Essential Physical Functions
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
- Bending, stooping, ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Job Family Outside Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Corpus Christi, TX, USA