Shop Management - Operations Supervisor
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for oversight and accountability of the quality, compliance, HSE, and personnel management functions required to manage shop production operations and to ensure the finished product leaving Setpoint Integrated Solutions or LVS meets the requirements of the customer as defined by the customer’s purchase order, the customers scope of work, and/or the customer’s special instructions. The Operations Supervisor will work with the HSE and Quality Teams to coordinate all quality/safety related functions pertaining to the operation of the company and the safety of company personnel, and will be accountable for the utilization of Intelex for required HSE and Quality information. In addition, the Operations Supervisor will ensure all production work performed by SIS shop personnel is completed in accordance with company policy, and with safety and quality as a top priority.
- Health, Safety, Environmental Management:
- Intelex - EHS incident management> Inspections> Findings> Action Plans reporting, review and execution
- Ensure adherence to all SIS HSE policies and procedures
- Ensure weekly Safety Meetings and others are performed as required by SIS HSE policies and procedures
- Learn to read, interpret, and train others on Safety Data Sheets (SDS), pre-cautions, Personnel Protection Equipment (PPE), hazards levels, etc.
- Take accountability to minimize workplace injury and illness occurrences.
- Support personnel assigned safety responsibilities intended to contribute to the success of the HSE MS
- Make sure shop stays clean, safe and clear of debris and clutter as per the current 5S strategies and initiatives
- Intelex - NCR> CAR> Customer Complaints reporting, review and execution
- Ensure adherence to SIS Quality Management system
- Ensure direct reports review Internal Audit Advisories and Monthly Quality Reports
- Strive to produce a product that is reasonably free from errors and rework
- Enforce the usage of the ValvKeep Service Software as required by SIS Procedures
- Perform weekly VK audits and hold accountability for location level data in the system
- Ensure direct reports maintain all required trainings, certifications, etc.
- Collaborate with compliance on calibration and corresponding recordkeeping of company owned gauges, instruments, PMI machines etc.
- Knowledge of ASME, NBIC, and VR Programs and ensure Employees are also trained on this material
- Interface with ASME, National Board, Customer’s and Manufacturer’s on internal audits
- Operational Efficiency:
- Familiar with SIS Safety Procedures (SP), Quality Procedures (QP) and Work Instructions (WI).
- Communicate production levels, order status, lead times and shipping schedules in a timely manner, including but not limited to production meetings
- Provide timely, accurate and open two-way communication regarding production scheduling updates with proper departments
- Supervise and assist when required the job process at the individual work stations to ensure the technicians follow quality/safety procedures efficiently
- Encourage individual development with training and education
- Utilize the ADP Dashboard to effectively manage time in order to achieve billable targets.
- Tech view> Week running total> Work place fatigue> Unbillable OT/DT
- Business Continuity:
- Collaborate with Centralized Quoting and Business Execution to ensure efficient production of New Assembly orders
- Oracle – Review WIP reports and complete WIP jobs
- Release WIP jobs to the warehouse for shipping
- Human Resources:
- Collaborate with BM/OM to ensure new hire onboarding’s get completed.
- Ensure Performance Reviews are given annually or as directed by Human Resources and/or Management.
- Encourage the ongoing Training & Development of Shop Personnel through the Shop Certification Program and OEM Training where applicable.
- Ensure all training is performed and documented in regards to Safety, company Quality Procedures, Site Specific and Work Instruction
- Enforce company rules and policies. Document any and all violations.
- Ensure maintenance is performed on all shop and field equipment as required by SIS policies and procedures.
Positional Requirements & Qualifications:
- Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 5 years plus experience/Job specific degree and/or certification (preferred)
- Current or up-to-date TWIC (preferred)
- Current Basic OSHA Safety Training (preferred)
- Valve Technician Level III Experience
- Skills & Abilities
- Safety and quality-minded
- Basic mechanical aptitude including, but not limited to, basic hand and power tool knowledge
- Minimal knowledge of machine work
- Minimal knowledge of welding
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, ERP’s and CMMS (preferred)
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrate effective time management skills
- Must be accessible for Night and Weekend Work as needed
- Must be able to travel and have a clear driving record in accordance to company driving guidelines
- Clear background check and drug/alcohol screening
Essential Physical Functions:
- Lifting: up to 50 pounds
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 50 pounds in all directions
- Lift and carry: 50 pounds for 100 feet
- Bending, stooping, walking and climbing stairs
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Operating machinery and/or power tools
- Operating motor vehicles or heavy equipment
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- Required physical ability if mandated by customer or regulatory requirements
- Able to hold body weight while swinging on rope during static and dynamic transfer (offshore)
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The company reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Job Family Shop Management
- Job Function Branch
- Pay Type Hourly
- Richwood, LA 71202, USA