Operations: Warehouse - Driver
To ensure that the finished product leaving the company meets the requirements of the customer as defined by the customer’s purchase order, the customers scope of work, and/or the customer’s special instructions. Helps coordinate all quality/safety related functions pertaining to the operation of the company and the safety of company personnel. Make sure all deliveries are made in an on time manner.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for receiving and stocking inventory items, as well as pulling, packing, and shipping inventory items as requested and per company Quality Procedures.
- Perform Inventory Cycle Counts to ensure Inventory accuracy with system data
- Verify delivery tickets to product shipping out, make sure all shipping instructions match the customer’s purchase order and also the sales order.
- Maintain the company trucks. Example: Check in, Check out, Maintenance, inspections, etc.
- Learn the company Quality Procedures (QP), Safety Procedures (SP) and work instructions (WI). Learn the production processes and company work flow
- Learn how to read, interpret, and train others on safety data sheets (SDS), pre-cautions, personnel protection equipment (PPE), hazards levels, etc.
- Make sure Warehouse stays clean, safe and clear of debris and clutter, and organized including: Sweep the warehouse, empty trash, wipe shelves, straighten product on a daily basis.
- Properly check in all inventory, verify inventory received is in good condition, verify inventory received matches shipping label and properly tag all items according to the shipping and receiving quality manual.
- Become familiar with product and be able to recognize damaged product, or non-conforming items when receiving into or issuing from inventory.
- Attend weekly trainings, as permitted by work schedule.
- Report any safety, shipping, delivery, or inventory issues to the Warehouse Manager
- Safely secure load prior to and during operation of a Company Vehicle during Inventory pickup and/or delivery.
- Operate a Company Vehicle as required in a safe manner and in accordance with company Safety Procedures.
- Operate and maneuver a Company Vehicle with various types of trailers attached.
- Obey all State and Local Driving Regulations while in operation of a Company Vehicle during Inventory pickup and/or delivery.
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers as a representative of the company.
- Demonstrated “can do” attitude and excellent customer service skills
- Certified to operate Fork Lift
Positional Requirements & Qualifications:
- Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Current or up-to-date TWIC (preferred)
- Current Basic OSHA Safety Training (preferred)
- Job specific degree and/or certification (preferred)
- Skills & Abilities
- Safety and quality-minded
- Basic mechanical aptitude including, but not limited to, basic hand and power tool knowledge
- Recognize major valve types and components
- Basic computer knowledge
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrate effective time management skills
- Attendance is required and employee must report to work on time
- Ability to work Overtime, Nights, Weekends and Holidays as needed
- Clear background check and drug/alcohol screening
- Must be able to travel and have a clear driving record in accordance to company driving guidelines
Essential Physical Functions:
- Lifting: up to 50 pounds
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 50 pounds in all directions
- Lift and carry: 50 pounds for 100 feet
- Bending, stooping, walking and climbing stairs
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Operating machinery and/or power tools
- Operating motor vehicles or heavy equipment
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- Required physical ability if mandated by customer or regulatory requirements
- Job Family Warehouse
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pasadena, TX, USA