Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B) is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation’s most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council’s (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
The Service Technician will support the Service Supervisor and Community Manager by performing various maintenance duties necessary to maintain and enhance the value of the community. They are responsible for handling service requests for repairs and improvements of vacant apartment homes to a market-ready status. By working as a team participant, along with the other maintenance team members, they ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by the Company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service.
- Ensure routine upkeep on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
- Complete the make-ready process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins. This includes completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch” list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
- Follow procedures for accessing and obtaining materials, supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the community’s maintenance shop.
- Track inventory used, returning unused items to the established location, and notifying the maintenance supervisor about re-ordering needs.
- Complete documentation and other paperwork timely and accurately so that service requests can be appropriately documented and tracked.
- Assist in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities. Examples include picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways, and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage.
- Support cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts, when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
- May periodically inspect work performed by contractors, vendors, and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as required.
- Comply with Company’s safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the community’s routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements.
- Report accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
- Demonstrate customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
- Assist in conducting routine and periodic community inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep the community in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs of the community to management.
- Follow established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Practice proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, associate/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues appropriately.
- Participate in on-going training by Service Supervisor and other resources as needed and/or required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience in property management maintenance or equivalent experience.
- EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for refrigerant recycling (applies to Certified Service Technicians) required.
- All certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions (applies to both Certified and Non-Certified Service Technicians) required.
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with co-workers, residents, vendors, and other business contacts. Respond courteously to questions and requests and stay calm when addressing and resolving customer problems.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively, act as first point of contact for internal team members and external visitors to the Company, and answer questions related to department operating policies.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define and correct problems.
- Literate with computer programs and word processing software.
- Must provide own hand tools unless prohibited by state law and must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment and measuring devices.
General Overview of Compensation & Benefits:
- The median base compensation for this position is estimated to be $24.00 per hour, subject to adjustment based on business-related factors including employee qualifications and operational considerations.
- This position may be eligible for performance-based bonuses as determined in the Company’s sole discretion.
- This position will be eligible for company benefits in accordance with Company policy. We offer a competitive total rewards package including medical, dental and vision coverage along with a broad range of supplemental benefits including 401k Retirement Plan, prepaid legal assistance, and more. We also offer paid time off for vacation, sickness, holiday, and bereavement. We are pleased to be able to provide 100% company paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- This information is intended to be a general overview and may be modified by the Company due to factors affecting the business.
Applicants may apply for this position via our careers website.
This is a position which requires the Service Technicianto frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models, and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associate. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Job Family PM - Property Operations
- Job Function Property Management
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $24.00
- Bolingbrook, IL, USA