Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B) is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation’s most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council’s (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
Under the leadership of the Regional Property Manager, the General Manager manages up to three communities. Responsible for all aspects of property operations to include, Marketing, Leasing, Training, Hiring, Resident Relations, Curb Appeal and Overall Market Awareness, and Financial Reporting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, coach, and evaluate Community Manager(s) and on-site Associates.
- Provide staff with direction, guidance and tools for success.
- Plan and schedule work in advance.
- Reach decisions quickly based on available information and develop innovative solutions to problems.
- Initiate research and complete special projects.
- Develop an integral team that effectively sells the quality and professionalism of the company by providing clear and concise instructions.
- Complete community inspections of common areas, models, and vacant apartment homes and conducts staff meetings regularly.
- Respond promptly to Associates/customers’ needs and concerns while being pleasant, cheerful and tactful.
- Negotiate to maximize the benefits for the organization.
- Approve Purchase Orders pertaining to maintenance and operations of the community on a timely basis.
- Monitor Budget Control Log and regularly reports variances.
- Review reports and offer operating recommendations for community capital improvements or repairs, the development of job specifications, bid acquisitions, contract developments and negotiations, etc.
- Ensure the timely and accurate submission of timesheets and bonus payments for their team.
- Review all renewals and prepare budget increase recommendations by analyzing and monitoring the community market conditions in order to anticipate market changes or trends that could affect the profitability of the community.
- Prepare and follow guidelines of the community operating budget, and makes recommendations for ways to maximize income and minimize expenses.
- Support the overall marketing efforts and offer input and suggestions in regard to promotions, advertisements, etc.
- Monitor closing ratios of Leasing Professional to ensure requirements are met and provides additional training as necessary.
- Supervise the planning and implementation of, and attend and monitor, various community recreational and social activities.
- Ensure that Associates implement resident retention and renewal programs.
- Supervise and ensure collection of all rent and other community income.
- Review and approve or reject resident applications.
- Understand and comply with state landlord-tenant law and Fair Housing laws and standards.
- Monitor the maintenance activities to ensure resident requests and preventative maintenance programs are being performed according to company standards.
- Become active in the local business community and develop a rapport with the residential community.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred.
- Seven plus years of property management experience in sales/multifamily leasing, including supervisory responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal, financial and human resource documents.
- Literate with computerized financial and word processing software.
- Demonstrated mathematical and analysis skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete, understand and interpret financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities simultaneously, meeting deadlines, and working with minimal direction or supervision.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver’s license.
General Overview of Compensation & Benefits:
- The median base compensation for this position is estimated to be $110K annualized, subject to adjustment based on business-related factors including employee qualifications and operational considerations.
- This position may be eligible for performance-based bonuses as determined in the Company’s sole discretion.
- This position will be eligible for company benefits in accordance with Company policy. We offer a competitive total rewards package including medical, dental and vision coverage along with a broad range of supplemental benefits including 401k Retirement Plan, prepaid legal assistance, and more. We also offer paid time off for vacation, sickness, holiday, and bereavement. We are pleased to be able to provide 100% company paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- This information is intended to be a general overview and may be modified by the Company due to factors affecting the business.
Applicants may apply for this position via our careers website.
- Associates must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This is a position which requires the General Manager to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models, and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associate. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Job Family PM - Property Operations
- Job Function Property Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Hiring Rate $110,000.00
- Oakland, CA, USA