Accounting Intern (Summer 2024)
Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B) is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation’s most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council’s (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
The Accounting Intern will work directly under the supervision of the Assistant Corporate Controller, Fund Controller, or Development Controller and will gain work experience by assisting in all financial reporting and accounting related services required for the company. The Accounting Intern will learn and apply essential accounting principles by supporting our accounting team with journal entries, accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliation, and other accounting related responsibilities and/or projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the monthly financial close process and prepare and input journal entries.
- Prepare financial statements and variance analysis.
- Assist with monthly loan draw packages and review of construction pay applications.
- Assist in the monthly budget reviews and update job cost budget summary schedules.
- Perform balance sheet account analysis and other analytical procedures as needed.
- Work with cross functional teams closely to organize, code, and submit vendor invoices for payment.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist in the compliance of the accounting and A/P policy and procedures.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks in support of the CAO and Fund Controller teams.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Full-time student at the junior, senior, or graduate level pursuing a degree in accounting.
- Exceptional organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and team player attitude.
- Professional attitude and represent company in a positive manner.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Accounting Intern to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associate. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Job Family F&A - Accounting
- Job Function Finance & Accounting
- Pay Type Hourly
- Charlotte, NC, USA