Rand McNally has been helping people discover, map, and navigate for 165 years. We are also one of the leading providers of truck navigation devices and Fleet Management technology. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Lead to join our team and help us maintain and enhance the high standard of quality associated with our product.
Under general supervision of the Controller, the Senior Accountant provides support and assistance to the accounting team by performing routine accounting assignments, moderately difficult in nature, requiring a broad knowledge of accounting theory and principles. The Senior Accountant provides support in finance related areas, development and improvement of processes, and compliance with regulatory and internal policies, rules, and standards.
- Assist in the preparation and review of company financial statements and play a key role in the financial statement close and reporting processes.
- Ensure deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with GAAP.
- Work closely with other team members to analyze and resolve accounting issues as they arise.
- Prepares complex journal entries and maintains supporting files and documentation.
- Ensure compliance with revenue recognition and lease standards.
- Reconcile related party and intercompany accounts.
- Lead the monthly consolidation process for the Australian subsidiary.
- Responsible for General Ledger activity and preparing financial reports.
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy, appropriate coding and accrue when necessary.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining accounting policies and controls.
- Provides financial support including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from budget.
- Assists department leaders on variances from budget/actual.
- Performs moderately complex work requiring independent judgement and practical application of advanced accounting theory.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Provide support to auditors as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are necessary in this role.
- Ability to work independently and find solutions to issues that arise.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- High degree of initiative, accuracy, and adaptability.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and NetSuite software.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an accounting function is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and CPA or CPA candidate is preferred.
Rand McNally is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workplace.
- Pay Type Salary
- Boise, ID, USA