Assistant Editor, Commerce, Bob Vila
Recurrent Ventures is seeking an Assistant Editor, Commerce to join the Bob Vila team.
BobVila.com is the online home of the #1 icon in home improvement, Bob Vila. From inspiration to how-to, BobVila.com provides all you need to know for the entire home improvement journey.
This role will support the Product Reviews team which researches, vets, and tests all of the gear you might need for the home, garden, and workshop. This junior-level editorial role is responsible for assisting with buying guides and product reviews for the site; and shepherding content through our production process with a focus on upholding the quality and style standards of the brand.
The Assistant Editor, Commerce will report to the Executive Editor, Commerce.
- Pitch new product categories and other home-related stories to cover on the site.
- Line edit to ensure accuracy, clarity, and style consistency.
- Write headlines, subtitles, meta descriptions, and other copy as needed.
- Use SEO tools and resources to ensure that all content is optimized for search.
- Research top products in the home, garden, and DIY niches as well as new and trending products.
- Update existing stories to include new product information, new links to relevant content, etc.
- Review content in the CMS to optimize for readability, SEO, and affiliate.
- Administrative responsibilities and data entry as needed.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, Communications, or other related field is preferred.
- Experience working in an internship or fellowship in an applicable field. School newspaper experience is also acceptable. In lieu of internship or fellowship experience, at least one year of experience working in journalism, publishing, communications, or other related field is required.
- Strong writing, editing, and fact checking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- HTML proficiency and familiarity with content management systems like WordPress.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- An eye for quality (in products and in writing) and strong attention to detail.
- A passion for journalism, storytelling, and engaging content.
- A team-player attitude and eagerness to learn new skills.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and social media platforms is a plus.
- Job Family Commerce - Editorial
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Miami, FL, USA