Staff Writer, Bob Vila
Miami, FL, USA ● Virtual Req #18
Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Recurrent Ventures is seeking a Staff Writer to join the Bob Vila team.
BobVila.com is the online home of the #1 icon in home improvement, Bob Vila. From inspiration to how-to, this publication provides all one needs to know for the entire home improvement journey. The team strives to educate and offer ideas for all levels of homeowner knowledge and DIY skill set - and be the authority that their audience relies on time and time again. Stories span home, garden, and DIY niches, ranging from expert advice for starting a container garden to coverage of the latest real estate trends.
This role is responsible for pitching, researching, and writing high-quality content that informs and entertains BobVila.com's loyal readers. The ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in thorough research and reporting and dedicates themselves to reliable service journalism. This person is proactive, flexible, and thrives in a fast-paced digital media environment.
- Stay on top of real estate, construction, gardening, and other home-related news.
- Pitch and develop stories with a Bob Vila lens, collaborating with our editorial and SEO teams to create content with the widest possible reach.
- Research and write a mix of short news articles, longer features, and evergreen SEO content such as project tutorials and 101 guides.
- Interview experts and represent the brand as needed, for story research, media events, and more.
- Utilize SEO tools, resources, and best practices to ensure that content is optimized for search.
- Use our content management system to lay out new articles or make important updates to the existing library.
A Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, English, Communications, or related field is preferred.
At least two years of experience in writing, journalism, or related fields.
Experience and/or personal interest in home & garden.
A network of contacts in the home & garden industry is a plus.
Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Familiarity with content management systems and digital publishing tools.
Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
A passion for journalism, storytelling, and engaging content.
Recurrent Ventures provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or affiliation protected by federal, state or local laws. With a number of our media brands reporting on the military, veterans’ affairs, and topics facing the active military community, we are very supportive of veterans’ activities and highly encourage this community to apply.
- Job Family Editorial
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Miami, FL, USA