FPGA Developer (Job Req #2022-447)
The Senior FPGA Developer role will utilize the latest FPGA and SoC devices to develop leading edge platforms that power live video production. As a designer within the Hyperconverged team, you will further advance the Ross industry leading Ultrix product family. Successful candidates will have serious technical chops to pair with a "find a way" attitude in order to harness the full power of themselves and their teammates in solving unique and challenging technical problems in a supportive, high-energy and dynamic work environment.
Who you report to: Director, Hyperconverged Solutions - Platforms
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we've got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Promote, refine and develop innovative features that you are passionate about in the most integrated hardware platform in the broadcast industry.
- Implement complex RTL algorithms for the processing of audio and video
- Implement video transport protocols in FPGA designs including SDI, 2110, HDMI, NDI, and other streaming formats
- Target the latest FPGA families including Stratix-10 and Ultriscale+ using Quartus and Vivado
- Develop high-level design requirements and support aggressive project scheduling
- Generate both specification & design documentation to support cross functional team
- Develop test features that can be utilized by manufacturing test, product verification and in the field
- Work with other members of the team to verify the functionality of FPGA & HW designs
- Efficient and systematic debugging skills.
- Assist in supporting other staff members as necessary through entire NPI process flow – including design, documentation, test, presales and customer service
Who you are:
- Passionate team-player looking to expand their skillset and contribute in a fast-paced environmentPossess keen observational skills and problem-solving intuition
- Self-starter with the tenacity to bring product to market
- Comfortable moving forward aggressively while balancing risks appropriately to optimize success across all business & technical aspects of the product
- FPGA designer with knowledge and experience across broad range of topics including:
- FPGA building blocks & system architectures
- High speed transceivers, clock domain analysis, & timing closure
- You are an expert in RTL design for complex IP targeting large Xilinx or Altera FPGA SOC.
- Expertise in current Xilinx & Intel devices and associated design and debugging tools
- Knowledge of high-speed serial interfaces using gigabit transceivers, DDR3/4 interfaces, HBM, and PLL's
- Excellent debugging skills & proficient with typical lab equipment (scopes, JBERTs, network analyzers, WFMs, etc)
- Ability to work in an embedded environment. Linux, bash, C/C++ and networking skills a plus
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Experience designing video processing algorithms such as filters. video codecs (H264, H265, MPEG2), color space conversion, scaling, etc.
- Knowledge of broadcast studio applications & workflows; especially distribution / production systems a plus
- Understanding of digital video and associated audio standards a plus
- Familiar with video broadcast standards such as SDI, AES, Timecode, Madi, Tri-level syncs.
- Familiar with high-speed serial interfaces such as SDI, 100 GigE, Ethernet, PCIe
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function R&D
- Pay Type Salary
- Kanata, Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Ottawa Campus, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Ottawa, ON, Canada