Manager, Manufacturing Test Development (Job Req #2024-025)
Why Work at Ross Video? We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results. If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible. If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
The Manager of Manufacturing Test Development will oversee the team that develops and maintains our manufacturing test systems and strategies across multiple product lines. This position is based in our Iroquois, Ontario manufacturing facility and will require a candidate capable of driving test excellence in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
Who you report to: Product Engineering Manager
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Lead the Manufacturing Test Development team to create robust, scalable test solutions for PCBA testing and end-product functional verification.
- Collaborate with R&D to understand product technology and determine appropriate manufacturing test requirements and strategies.
- Oversee the design and implementation of automated and semi-automated test equipment and software to enhance efficiency and coverage.
- Manage test development activities for New Product Introduction (NPI) and continuous product improvement.
- Support manufacturing staff by providing expertise on product testing and system implementation.
- Direct the investigation and resolution of high-priority failure modes and product issues.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation for test procedures, systems, and equipment.
- Identify and implement improvements in test coverage, cycle time reduction, scalability, and overall quality.
- Regularly report on the progress of test development projects and maintain cross-functional coordination to address technical challenges.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and knowledge sharing within the team and with other departments.
Who you are:
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent educational background combined with work experience. EET would be an asset.
- 7+ years of experience in a manufacturing test development.
- In depth understanding of electronic hardware and digital components (e.g., CPUs, FPGAs, flash memory).
- Fluent in reading and interpreting electrical schematics and PCBA design files.
- Familiarity with a broad range of test equipment and test methodologies including boundary scan.
- Proficient in the principles of automation and interfacing with equipment and products
- Comprehension of data acquisition systems and protocols (TCP/IP, RS232, USB, CAN).
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage and develop a technical team.
- A proactive problem-solver who embraces new challenges and continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to disseminate knowledge and encourage collaborative input.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and projects to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and improvement.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Salary