Software Developer, Switchers (Job Req #2024-011)
Why Work at Ross Video? We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results. If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible. If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
Working in a development team at the Ottawa Research and Development facility, the successful candidate will experience first-hand the highs and lows of real software development while working with customers, top-level developers and managers. Working on the Acuity Series, Production Switchers team; you will be designing, writing, testing and fixing code primarily in C. You will also advise and make recommendations to management on matters relating to software development, in order to provide them with an improved basis for decision making and planning.
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here
What the job is all about:
- Tasks will range from creating custom-built applications to creating new practices and policies
Who you are:
- You enjoy new technical challenges, and are excited at the prospect of writing code for actual, shipping products
- You are a self-starter, happy to take the reins and take initiative
- When you finish something, you're already looking for the next challenge
- You like people. Knowledge is all around you, and you know that finding and talking to the right people is the way to get things done
- You recognize that communication skills are as important as technical skills
- You know how to ask questions - and how to listen to answers.
- You absorb knowledge like a sponge. You're happy to dig through code, track down obscure issues, and solve problems other people haven't
- Experience with embedded software development, networking, and real-time applications
- Experience with developing software with the user experience in mind
- Strong C/C++ programming and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of broadcast/live video applications & workflow preferred systems a plus
- You can work in Ottawa office 2-3 days a week
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function R&D
- Pay Type Salary