FOH - Bartender
This description was last edited: June 30, 2023
Position Reports to: General Manager This is a non-exempt position.
Position Purpose: This person is responsible for preparing beverages for patrons and serving them at the bar or through the wait staff while maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
- Great bar guests and make guests waiting for tables feel welcomed and acknowledged.
- Make the cocktails and coffee drinks, (if no barista is present) for dining room as ordered by dining room servers and serve the bar guests.
- Ensure proper measurements of cocktail ingredients, especially signature cocktails.
- Ensure that a credit card is used to open any tabs that are not being closed right away.
- Ensure that all drinks are correctly entered on all checks.
- Maintain correct pars of beers, wines by the glass, juices, and waters in bar refrigerators.
- Maintain appearance of bar in an on-going manner throughout service.
- Follow and complete closing bar check list prior to departure unless otherwise assigned by management.
- Perform the cash drawer checkout after each shift and place the “cash payments amount” in a separate envelope in the office (with only the checkouts).
- Accurately maintain the organization and cleanliness of the bar and the front lounge area in accordance with Health Department standards
- Requisition all needed liquor, beer and wine and keep the bar stocked at all times and restock based on needs.
- Make sure to have all ingredients and garnishes needed for preparation of beverages and signature cocktails.
- Communicate any problems (lighting, cooling units, etc.) to management immediately.
- Leave the bar and coffee station clean and fully stocked at the end of the shift.
- Assist with delivery tablets and delivery couriers as needed.
- Maintain expertise on food menu, wine menu, cocktail menu. Attend continued education classes when provided.
- Be an expert on our brand and offerings.
Minimal Essential Requirements:
- The ability to work as part of a team, work quickly and follow directions.
- Very basic food handling, preparation, and cleaning skills are welcomed.
- Time management and ability to work under pressure to manage high volume of production.
- Ability to communicate and understand direction in English to ensure safety in the workplace. Ability to understand, respond, and engage with co-workers, managers, and guests in English.
- Active listening and learning skills.
- Reading and speaking comprehension skills.
- Discipline to follow set standards.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
ADA: SAHospitalityGroupwillmakereasonableaccommodations in compliancewith theAmericans withDisabilities Act of 1990.
Thisjobdescriptionwillbereviewedperiodicallyasdutiesandresponsibilitieschangewithbusinessnecessity.Essentialand marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity in order to complete Form I-9 within 72 hours of commencing work. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 366 S Rosemary Ave, West Palm Beach, FL 33401, USA