PositionPurpose:the pastry cook is responsible for following written instructions with precise measurements to create a very specialized product (cake & sponge).
- Responsible for measurement & mixture of ingredients according to recipe.
- Decoration of mousse cakes, glazing, sponges, preparing and decorating cakes and tarts.
- Assistance in planning and execution of the dessert menu and cakes.
- Testing and tasting of recipes together with Executive Chef.
- Development of new and maintaining of existing cake designs and recipes.
- Use exact measurements and pay strict attention to timing.
- Setting time cycles for products.
- Use a variety of kitchen tools, including electric mixers, pans, rolling pins, and cutting tools.
- Draft a list of products and ingredients needed for ordering.
- Keeping the kitchen organized, clean and a sanitary station.
- Artistically creating and decorating cakes, showpieces or centerpieces.
- Experimentation with new flavors in assistance with Executive Chef.
- Know all safety buttons and shut offs within your work area.
- Update inventory.
- Wrap, label, and date all items.
Minimal Essential Requirements:
- The ability to work as part of a team, and personal cleanliness
- Very basic food handling, preparation, and cleaning skills are welcomed
- Ability to communicate and understand direction in English to ensure safety in the workplace. Ability to understand, respond, and engage with co-workers, managers, and guests in English.
- Time management and ability to work under pressure to manage high volume of production
- Active listening and learning skills
- Reading and speaking comprehension skills
- Discipline to follow set standards.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
ADA: SA Hospitality Group will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity in order to complete Form I-9 within 72 hours of commencing work. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $65,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $75,000.00
- Job Start Date Tuesday, October 31, 2023
- 950 3rd Ave #500, New York, NY 10022, USA